Effective Pain Relief

Posted by ElyBeth on May 02, 2016 | Verified Purchase

To learn all about DLPA, read "The Mood Cure" by Julia Ross. It is an excellent resource for information on all supplements but focuses on the curative benefits of amino acids in particular. DLPA is a combination of two amino acids, L-phenylalanine (raises energy and decreases depression) and D-phenylalanine (a potent endorphin booster). They work together to relieve chronic pain. I started with the recommended dose of 500mg in the AM and gradually increased it to 2 caps twice a day. It has helped immensely with the burning pain of peripheral neuropathy. Try this for fibromyalgia, arthritis, muscle and nerve pain. I no longer need over the counter or prescription meds to control my pain during the day. Too stimulating for night time use, however.

Effective and pretty harmless added junk compared to others

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Jun 09, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Works well as an appetite suppressant. I picked this DLPA because it was the only one that didn't contain silica/silicon dioxide or calcium phosphate, and while it does contain stearate, it's not magnesium stearate. I mistakenly bought L-form powder the first time around and it was nothing like DLPA - it was kinda nasty mood wise (plus it also made me wheeze). These caps are effective and I will be purchasing again. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Amazing

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 05, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I tried DLPA after reading Mood Cure by Julia Ross. I identified strongly with low Cats and Endorphins, and while the tyrosine made me feel a bit buzzed and then apathetic, the DLPA brought some colour back into my life. My heart doesn't hurt all the time anymore, I'm able to be exposed to negative stimuli (eg. violent news story, sad scenes in movies and books) without coming away from it feeling incredibly depressed and needing to rest. I'm even less fearful of physical pain! My horrible period cramps, while still horrible, are far less so. I come away from knocks and accidents laughing rather than shaken. It's changed my life for the better.

Thank goodness for this product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 03, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking D L-Phenylalanine first thing in the morning for many years and I can truthfully say that it snaps my out of my depression and enables me to actually be happy in my daily life! I take this product side by side with GABA and get through the day without depression episodes .

Cravings gone!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 26, 2017 | Verified Purchase

DLPA is fabulous for stopping cravings within 48 hours - sugar, chocolate, pastries, chips and other carbs, alcohol even - anything I usually reach for outside myself for internal comfort! Instead the DLPA helps create natural feel-good endorphins on the inside. Life Extension DLPA is the perfect dose at a great price

nice

Posted by nrgmilk on Oct 15, 2013 | Verified Purchase

worked well to me

A bit of a lift

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 24, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I read about the benefits of this amino acid. And now I experience them. I take a few more than the bottle says but find they help me though the day.

Works

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 05, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking this along with SAM-e, 5HTP and GABA for low mood. This combination has definately helped sognificantly but it is hard to say the impact the phenylalanine has had in particular. I recommend reading The Mood Cure to find out more re the use of amino acids for mental wellbeing.

Feeling great

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 29, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I started to take DLPE as it's complementary effect was recommended to combine with Naltrexone (MS Medication). However, after a few months, I realised it's side effect of helping depression was effective. I never considered myself depressed, but the unexpected feeling of well being helps everything else!