Very potent

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 13, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This product is very powerful! Careful when you first use it, to follow the instructions on the label. If you use too much, too quickly you can get a "retinol burn" (redness, peeling, which goes away if you take a break from the product). Seems to improve skin texture.

Bad product - Mal producto

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 14, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I wanted try retinol A in high concentration. I knew retinol A acts cleaning the firsts layers of skin. But this cream burn my skin, and i don't feel any benefits. If you want the benefits of vitamin A in your skin, use creams with retinoic acid not with retinol A. Although if you decide use this cream, use only by night. --- Quería probar retinol A en alta concentración. Sabía que el retinol A actúa limpiando las primeras capas de la piel. Pero esta crema solo quema mi piel, y no siento ningún beneficio. Si deseas los beneficios de la vitamina A en tu piel, usa cremas con ácido retinoico no con retinol A. Aunque si usted decide utilizar esta crema, usela sólo por la noche.

This cream is pure magic.

Posted by Sab15 on Sep 20, 2017 | Verified Purchase

As all of us should know retinoids can be super drying. If you have dry and sensitive skin I'd recommend to buffer the retinoid so it's less irritating to your skin. Here's my routine: after cleansing apply toner on my face, wait 20 to 30 minutes to let it completely dry, then apply a pea size of retinoid on my face, gently rub it in and let it sit for an hour, check with your finger tips to see if it's completely dry or absorbed into your skin, then you can apply your moisturizer. Do not use toner/ moisturizer right before/after retinoid as retinoid works best when it's the only thing on your face and mixing with other skincare products at the same time can make it less penetrating. When your skin can finally tolerate the retinoid then you can apply this alone. Do remember not to use this in the daytime, retinoid increase the skin's sensitivity to sunlight and what's more, it's actually bad for your skin if you do that. I've been using this cream for half a month, in the first 2 weeks I use it twice a week to see how my skin reacts to it, and now it seems all going well so I'll be using it every other night from now on. In only 2 weeks my complexion has improved significantly, most of my blackheads and acnes are gone, but my fine lines are still there. It can take months to see the full effects of retinol A cream so I am looking forward to it.

amazing

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 01, 2016 | Verified Purchase

FIrst time user of Retinol - and i must say i love this product. I felt no tingling but started peeling within 48hrs. Have no wrinkles and am using it for melasma so too early to say if it will work on it.

I's my 3d oder of this cream.

Posted by VikiVi on May 16, 2016 | Verified Purchase

i mix this cream with weleda amandel 50/50, perfect effect at morning, my wrinkles are vanished and skin looks very healthy

Effective!

Posted by septkaye on Sep 02, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Helps with lines, blemishes and acne. Can be very drying so apply sparingly. Had a very bad reaction in the neck area as it got very red and itchy. Just using in my face for now.

It works!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 21, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This cream works. It improves overall skin tone and texture but does so slowly and gently. There isn't noticed peeling or stinging that is often present when using a retinol cream. Even though it isn't recommended to use retinol around the eye area, I've done so with this cream on a few occasions without any incident. It's not greasy, but it is tacky to touch. Because of this, I find that it works great under mineral makeup. It provides a sticky base for the makeup to adhere to. I've used this on my face, neck, hands, and a stretch mark that I've recently acquired (at bedtime) and have continued to receive great results. The results aren't immediate, but they are obvious with consistent use. Because of how well this works, I'm tempted to try out the higher dosage. Btw, my skin is accustomed to retinol creams and tca peels and things of this nature, so I didn't experience the stinging and burning that others reported. Also, I don't use this on my face everyday and night. I alternate products. On days that I don't use this, I notice the absorption of my other products seems to be much better. Overall, I'm really glad I've added this to my skincare routine.

No complaints

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 18, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I am unable to use Rx Retin A. It burns my skin. This, however, is very pleasant to use. I got a tiny amount of peel around my nose after using it two nights in a row. But my skin really needs exfoliation, so I don't mind at all. Retinol A is one of the few substances that has clinical results proving its effectiveness. And I am in love with Life Flo.

good so far

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 18, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Retinol is one of few ingredients I've seen a noticeable result in my experience. So I bought this product to take an intense care of my skin now and thanks for a great price. No irritaion for me though I look orange as carrot after applying at night. Next morning my skin has been smoother. It would be greater if this wasn't a jar but tube. I'm going to get back here after a complete jar.

go slowly with this cream.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 09, 2017 | Verified Purchase

i've been using this for almost a month, after the initial burning/peeling reaction as my skin adjusted to the strength, the results have been remarkable! my skin tone has improved greatly. however i caution anyone using it to use sparingly, maybe twice a week at first and only a tiny amount. it's the real deal.