Lundberg, Wild Blend Rice

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 26, 2011 | Verified Purchase

A family favorite. It is a healthy carb/grain choice. It's one of my pantry stables. You can shorten the prep time to 25 mins. First, in a dry cast iron skillet heat the rice, stirring constantly, to crack the grain. You will hear it popping. When the rice starts to brown pour it into you liquid (broth or water) and follow the pacakage directions except the time will be 25 minuets.

Amazing gourmet blend of wild and whole grain brown rice.

Posted by Leione on Jun 03, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Very aromatic, delicious, and nutritious blend of wild and whole grain brown rice with a gourmet flavor. In addition to being gluten free and suitable for people with celiac disease and gluten intolerance, non-GMO, and eco-friendly, this unique gourmet blend of wild and whole grain brown rice is rich in protein, dietary fiber, niacin (vitamin B3), vitamin B6, thiamin (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitamin B2), folic acid (vitamin B9), manganese, selenium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, iron, calcium, potas sium, phytosterols, antioxidants and flavonoids, and beneficial for people suffering from diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, obesity, heart disease, gastritis, acid reflux, nausea, indigestion, osteoporosis, arthritis, rheumatism and even cancer: helps stabilize blood sugar and regulate insulin levels, prevents blood spikes keeping you full longer, flushes toxins out of the body, aids digestion, prevents heartburn and acid reflux, increases appetite, soothes the stomach lining, reduces colon inflammation, normalizes blood pressure, lowers triglycerides and LDL or "bad" cholesterol levels while increasing HDL or "good" cholesterol, protects against strokes, atherosclerosis and peripheral arterial disease, boosts and strengthens the immune system, neutralizes free radicals, helps maintain healthy bones, teeth, joints, skin, nails, and hair, and even reduces the risk of cancer. It's a great healthy addition to any diet and I love it: not only is it delicious and great in different recipes, but also it helps normalize my cholesterol levels and blood pressure and relieves the symptoms of my acid reflux and gastritis. Wonderful product. Highly recommended.

Lundberg, Wild Blend Rice

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 08, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have looked for this wonderful rice for months, ever since our big box, ruin the world Mart stopped carrying it. I found it online. I use it to make my home made chicken wild rice soup. It is a wonderful rice blend, so full of flavor. Everyone who has tried my soup always asks "What is that rice !" It is delicious. Once you try it, you won't want any other brand. Sincerely, Judy

Disappointed

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 22, 2008 | Verified Purchase

No matter how long it cooked it never seemed to absorb all the water and remained hard. Had three pkgs and never cooked well according to directions on pkg.

Awesome Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 20, 2007 | Verified Purchase

This is Lundberg's BEST rice blend. Perfect with chicken and Salmon! Love this company!

good

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 14, 2014 | Verified Purchase

a tasty rice. bag was used up in a week, so you should buy larger quantities;)

good rice but takes long to cook

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 26, 2014 | Verified Purchase

My first time ordering this wild rice. It takes longer to cook compared to white rice, however the taste is good, has a nutty taste.

Wild rice

Posted by nattfisk on May 13, 2011 | Verified Purchase

There really is a lot of pure wild rice in this packet! It's a little to must for my taste, because you have to cook it for a very, very long time, otherwise some of the rice is boiled perfect, while the wild rice still is partly raw. I think it works better in a stew or risotto, or in a cold salad, instead of serving it as a side dish.

It's good.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 21, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I like this rice but it has to be seasoned well. It can tastes a little bland, but it is very nutritious. I will buy again.

Greatest Rice

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 07, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I usually don't write reviews, but I chose to make an exception for this exceptional product. I have never been a rice eater, but this rice changed my mind. It is very tasty, especially when cooked with chicken stock, and I would recommend this product to anyone, even if rice is not your usual fare. I only wish they were still selling the 25 pound bag of this here, that is my only complaint because I go through this rice quickly. I am sure if you try it, you won't be disappointed.