Mixes Well, Great Value, Not So Good Flavor

Posted by Bzuniga on Apr 07, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I've ordered several other protein powders from MRM and so I was excited but my excitement didn't last. The product IS a quality product from MRM and mixes easily with water, milk and coconut milk. Unfortunately, the flavor is not as good as I would have liked. There is a bit of chemical after flavor although it is much less than some competing products. The Chocolate flavor is just not chocolaty enough and I found myself regularly adding cocoa powder to this protein powder. I'll admit that I prefer a more natural dark chocolate flavor. The weak chocolate flavor and the hint of after taste is just too much for me and I won't re-order this particular product. My advice, try the MRM Flax-N-Whey Vanilla Nut or the MRM Fruit-N-Whey Mixed Berries. Both have strong natural tasting flavors and no discernible after taste.

dutch

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 27, 2012 | Verified Purchase

my hubby and son love this for muscle recovery and building, hubby claims it really helps his joints too. However, I just found out about carrageenan, which studies show links to cancer. Probably will not buy again.

Great flavor

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 16, 2016 | Verified Purchase

MRM has become my go-to protein powder. The taste is great and does not have that artificial after taste that some contain. The chocolate flavor is not that bold, but it's not a big deal for me. I would highly recommend.

Good nutrition profile and probably one of the few whey protein in the market that is what it says on the label: 100% natural.

Posted by LawrenceSG on Dec 16, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is probably one of the only few whey protein in the market that is truly natural. Hormone-free, free of artificial sweetener and flavouring, and a good nutrition profile. Mixes easily in a shaker bottle, even in milk. Taste is subjective, but I found it quite decent, just has a slight hint of bitter sweet aftertaste. Will continue to use this product. Choose this if you want your whey to come with as little junk as possible. Check out my page for fitness supplement reviews! Update January 2015: I've been using this product consistently, it seems recent batches have improved their taste. Taste is a very subjective, so in my opinion, it's tastes much more like milk chocolate and not too sweet. Very nice!

Will never use another whey product.....

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 14, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Says it all!! No artificial sweeteners, great flavor, and mixes well. Remember to add the powder to liquid or else the shake/smoothie may have lumps. We enjoyed making smoothies withe fat-free milk and fruits of the season with MRM Dutch Chocolate Whey. It is filling and I enjoy having it for breakfast before my work-out.

great!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 12, 2009 | Verified Purchase

my husband and I are low-carbing and this whey is great! 1 carb and no artificial sweeteners. Finally someone is using stevia, our sweetener of choice. Makes a great shake for breakfast, snack or dessert. We love it and the vanilla, too

Knocks out carbo cravings

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 05, 2009 | Verified Purchase

In trying to lose weight, one problem I have is severe carbohydrate cravings that have been uncontrollable prior to using this. And MRM Dutch chocolate takes care of them completely for me. I tried it initially with water and though it served its purpose, I did not like the taste. I changed to mixing it in low fat milk and it tastes pretty good! I read many reviews of similar products before trying MRM and it seems to be the best quality at one of the lowest prices.

Too sweet

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 18, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I mixed the MRM powder with cold water and it was very sweet. Far to sweet for my taste. If you have large sweet tooth this might fit the bill for you, but if you prefer seltzer to soda or water over juice then this is probably not a good pick for you.

Clean and Delicious

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 18, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I love that this supplement leaves out all the junk and still manages to be creamy and delicious. I blend it with soy milk, ice, bananas, and cinnamon for a post-workout treat. It's so pure that I even let my toddler have a couple of sips of my shake.

Superb Protein Supplement

Posted by BelieveJesus4EternalLife on Aug 15, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This is the best mixing whey protein I've ever used, and the taste is awesome! I've tried all the whey in this price range, and this is the one to choose I would say.