TRUE ASTAXANTHIN, a powerful skin antioxidant!

Posted by Reviewer2549564 on Mar 06, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Another reviewer mentioned the "weird pink color" and slimy texture as seeming old fashioned - Puncture an Astaxanthin supplement and that pink oil is what will come out! This natural carotenoid is what makes "good-for-you" Salmon pink. The Madre Labs serum smells like the real thing, too, so you know that it's definitely in here, ready to penetrate your skin! As for the slight sliminess, that's also from the oily texture of this antioxidant found in seafood. Now for my experience with it: I've dutifully tried all kinds of natural eye creams, vitamin A serums, etc; I never expected a serum I bought on sale to simply try out (for the rarity of astaxanthin in a skin cream) to have given my delicate eye area the positive experience this has. It definitely tightens, as other reviewers mentioned. If you don't like your skin feeling tight just use a dab. A little goes a long way. But my absolute favorite part: It instantly gives my face a youthful, natural, flowery glow. As if I've just powdered my face! It's lightweight, and although it's not an eye serum, I'm happily exchanging the high end intensive eye cream I've been using for a couple years for this now! At least you know a truly potent anti-aging nutrient is in this! (Astaxanthin also has amazing UV-protecting properties. I haven't gone out much in the sun yet to test if it helps topically.) Also, my old eye cream would occasionally give me a little permanent bump around the skin of my eye from clogging my pores, I suspect. This is a wonderful treat for the skin, and it just feels so summery! Superb work, Madre Labs!

Skeptic turned a new leaf

Posted by 5069589124426428316 on Mar 03, 2014 | Verified Purchase

WOW, that's all I have to say about this product. Normally I do not purchase such things, as to me they are a waste of time and generally don't work. I wont lie I only got this product because it was a deal at the time and only a dollar. Well I can tell you that I will be purchasing this stuff from here on out. I have been using it everynight now for a week and difference I have seen in the tightness of my skin is simply amazing. Please try this product it will leave your face feeling refreshed and clean! A new norm for me!!!

So awesome!

Posted by 4782185700589560345 on Feb 25, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I was pretty sceptical abt this pdt but wow, it really so good that you can't believe how great it is! Just upon first application, you can feel that it tightens your skin and you can see fine lines being diminished the next day. I have ordered another 4 bottles of this, it is a must have in my beauty regime. Highly recommended! !

Simply delighted!

Posted by Reviewer3186431 on Mar 31, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I'm writing this on the fly, because I came back to order a jar of the Astaxanthin Serum and was surprised that the reviews weren't higher, so I decided to do my part. I can't give all the details that you may get in another review, because I haven't spent a great deal of time with the product. I have a tendency to use things sporadically and then I'm never sure about results, but with this serum, every time I use it, I enjoy it. I find that it's not too thin or too thick. I usually don't prefer scooping lotions out of jars, but for some reason -- perhaps because it's just a small amount that's needed and doesn't end up under my finger nails, but rather I can just put some on my fingertips -- the jar doesn't bother me a bit. Another reviewer said, " It instantly gives my face a youthful, natural, flowery glow." That's exactly how I feel when I put this on. Then I put on moisturizer, and lately, that's just been an inexpensive oil-free moisturizer from Trader Joe's. When I wake up in the morning and look in the mirror, I feel like my face still has a bit of a glow to it, and I feel more youthful. I have so much enthusiasm for this product that I can see it overriding my tendency to use things sporadically, and see myself easily making the use of this one a nightly ritual. I will probably even use it twice a day at times. Whoo hoo! Maybe it's just personal preference, but I very much enjoy using a gel serum. I like the way it feels going on. I read some reviews that talked about the smell and that really caused me to raise an eyebrow. I had to actually go back and smell it, because I never even notice a smell. Yes, there is one, but it's very mild and I don't find it in any way offensive. Madre Labs makes very fine quality cruelty-free products, and, as others have said, it's nice that this is so affordable, as many of their products are out of reach of my budget. Everyone has their own preferences, but at this price, I recommend giving this product a try. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do. I haven't been this enthusiastic about a product -- its features and its price -- for a good while. Thank you, Madre Labs! Please, keep making this products!

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer2052062 on Feb 24, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I love this product. It was a very pleasant surprise. It absorbs quickly and my skin felt great relief from the winter weather effects. I like the scent. My skin is very sensitive, and I did not have any adverse reaction to it. I will definitely order again.

Really good!

Posted by 4975087582389817534 on Mar 30, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I was skeptic. Maybe because I got it for free, maybe because the package looks so cheap. But I gave it a try, since it was there. Gradually I started noticing, day after day, that my skin looks better. At first I thought it was a result of a good night sleep or maybe something healthy I ate. But till now I’m quite sure – this cream works! It looks like a gel, has a pinky color and a gentle smell. It leaves the skin with a wet look like other gels do, that’s why I use it only at night. I haven’t put anything over it. Today my pores are almost unseen, the skin looks smoother than before and even my pigmentation had improved (not gone, but less obvious). BTW, I’m 45 years old, regular/dry skin with no wrinkles yet.

Yummy smell, pretty colour and brilliantly effective.

Posted by Bohemia on Mar 06, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This super light serum is a must have. Please don't be put off by the price... it should be way more expensive if judged by the results. I trialed the product on all the female members of my family one weekend and everyone waxed lyrical. The shocker was the price... I mean it's a lovely shock... for where else would you find such a beautifully natural beauty serum at this price???? The packaging is none too fancy but then who cares if it the contents are top drawer. Once again, thank you Madre Labs and iHERB. I shall be treating all my friends and family to a pot just as soon as they come back in stock - guess everyone else had the same idea!

Great antioxidant packed, no fuss serum

Posted by mashimaroluff on Mar 05, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Instead of the liquidy texture most usually identified with serum, this has a more gel-like texture. It sink in very fast and does not clog pore, as it doesn't contain cetyl or cetearyl alcohol. The pink color was expected, considering that astaxanthin has an extremely deep red color. If this is white, that say something about the astanxanthin concentration. Beside the star ingredients, it also contain a lot of antioxidant extract, most notably the coffee extract. I usually mix a little vitamin c powder with this serum and apply this in the morning for an extra dose of antioxidant. The only gripe i have with this is the jar packaging. I wish it came in a pump. And the smell could put some people off. It smell slight laboratory-ish, not floral or citrusy like most are used to with skincare product.

effective

Posted by Reviewer2956538 on Mar 12, 2014 | Verified Purchase

tried this for my facial exzcema which has been paguing me with redness and sensitivity...I was amazed that within half an hour I had relief and redness subsided...wow!

The result is visible only for a few days

Posted by 5394456043910645044 on Mar 23, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I am very pleased with this serum. It really works and the result is visible only for a few days. It shrinks the pores of the skin and contours the face. The complexion of skin is more clear and the skin is more smooth. Don't forget to moisturise after using it.