overhyped

Posted by 4987838134088206746 on Jun 08, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Used this for a few days - my scalp started to itch. The thickening effect is not as good as Jason's thickening shampoo. I have stopped using this shampoo. Could be some chemical there that did not go down well on my scalp. Once I switched back to Jason's there were no more problems.

Smells great, good ingredients BUT

Posted by Reviewer1262709 on Jul 09, 2016 | Verified Purchase

But it's too drying for my hair, which definitely is not dry. Just an FYI for anyone who's thinking of getting this, they've been marketing this to no end. Which is unfortunately why I purchased it. It would be great on someone who has a lot of oil in their hair anyways so it would strip some of that down. Totally dried out my hair. Smells great though, I'll use it in some form just not on my hair

Not so good for me

Posted by 4682103516060817873 on Jun 13, 2016 | Verified Purchase

My oily scalp felt itchy soon after using this, I have stopped using this already.

Mixed feelings about this

Posted by 4671405736870155345 on Nov 23, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I like how it smells and no issues with how much lather it produces. But i found it really drying for my hair. No thickening or volume as promised, and I was losing my hair significantly more than before... not for me.

Says Unscented But Not True

Posted by Reviewer1147568 on Dec 09, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This shampoo has extremely strong smell. It may be from several natural oils, but it gives me a headache. The description should not say Unscented. Very Misleading.

Okay

Posted by ManxKat on Nov 05, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Smells lovely, feels good and lathers well, but my head itches too much within an hour to use daily, not for me.

It cleans well but it is too strong

Posted by 5650561453199921308 on Oct 26, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I love the citrus smell and that it cleans well. But it was too strong for my scalp and hair.

Got this for my mum, she doesn't like it

Posted by 5118449350799274696 on Oct 14, 2016 | Verified Purchase

She said it made her hair feel really dry while washing and did not seem to like it.

So so ....

Posted by 5107742595465170836 on Sep 11, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I find this shampoo a bit drying. It didnt do much for my hair.

A Product Which Isn't Suitable For All Hair Types

Posted by lost-in-the-reality on Sep 02, 2016 | Verified Purchase

After reading about this shampoo's thickening effect and scrolling through all those positive reviews I was left with high hopes for this product until I tried it myself. My hair is pretty thick but I don't have a great density on the top of my head whilst it gets more dense towards my back hair. With my usual shampoo (Head & Shoulders) I'd need to wash my hair twice a week if I'd want to avoid greasy hair effect. However, with Madre's product it was a different story. No matter how generous or stingy amount of the product I'd use or for how long I'd rinse my hair I'd always be left with my hair left locked into waves and one-week-not-washed like hair at the back. Although brushing with a comb tends to even everything out, the at the back where the hair is more dense the greasiness can still be felt. I don't know if it's because of this shampoo not having any strong washing ingredients as SLS but even after continuing to use this shampoo for several times I'd still be left with the same effect.

1 2 3