Not real medicinal manuka honey!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 05, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Beware shoppers, this is NOT a real medicinal manuka honey. The certification they refer to on the label has nothing to do with the activity levels of real medicinal manuka honey. Real honey of is labelled UMF or MGO. The company is a cosmetics company, and their activity level they are referring to is for peroxide (useless) and not the real active ingredient Methylglyoxal. Extremely disappointing! This product is only normal honey. Save your money and buy another brand, or invest more and get the real medicinal level UMF/MGO certified honey. From their website: ''INDEPENDANT ORIGIN CERTIFICATION – HONEY The origin of Manuka Doctor honey has been independently and scientifically certified by Oritain. They has collected, analysed and archived samples of these batches of honey and determined the geochemical specifications, which are consistent with having a New Zealand origin. Oritain can compare any honey sample to this specification to make a determination of the origin of the sample. Products bearing a genuine label have been certified as an authentic product from Manuka Doctor.''

Funky smell honey, not the same as what I had before!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 09, 2015 | Verified Purchase

In short: strongly suggest AGAINST purchasing. I ordered two bottles of this honey on Sep 23rd. I received them in Japan on Oct 1st. As soon as I opened the lid, a funky smell that resembles farmland rather than honey came out. I have purchased this honey before from Amazon when I was in the US. I am pretty sure it should not have this kind of smell. In fact, as a biologist, I believe this smell should mean there is bacteria contamination inside the bottle. The expiration date says 3/20/2018, so it is not expired. I could not think of a reason why this product smells different from how it was before. I contacted Manuka Doctor immediately. The following is their reply: "Hi The Honey is a natural product that does have a distinctive smell if you are not happy with your Honey you will need to take it back to where it was purchased Kind Regards Sue" I am currently residing in Japan (that's why I'm buying it from iHerb). I do not think I would pay the international shipping fee to return it, not mentioning without refund. So I will probably just take it as an expensive lesson. Since I cannot figure out if it is the Manuka Doctor's problem or iHerb's problem, unfortunately this is the first and last time I purchase from Manuka Doctor or iHerb. Epilogue: my friend has sent me two bottles of Manuka Pharm honey from UK. They are much much better.

Overrated product- Manuka Honey

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 20, 2015 | Verified Purchase

This product has been overrated as regards to medicinal properties. No difference at all after finishing two expensive bottles, at least 5 times more expensive then local wild unfiltered honey at local grocery store which probably has more medicinal properties. Just a hype regarding MANUKA HONEY don't fall for it.

delicious, healthy honey to avoid viral diseases

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 01, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Delicious and healthy honey reducing inflammation and infections

great taste

Posted by Sapirt on Jan 16, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I tried it when I started to feel sick and I thinks its helps

very good on skin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 22, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This honey appears to be effective (the whole family is using it on the skin for different purposes) bud i'd like to be really sure of the percentage of methyl glyoxial it contains (by an independant laboratory, for instance).

Stay Healthy

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 31, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Very good natural immune system builder!

Tastes good!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 18, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Cannot tell any health difference but sure tastes good

Not real honey

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 06, 2017 | Verified Purchase

It is a scam😬😬 this is the last purchase from Isteal

Good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 25, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Very nice product with good effects