Tricky - contains petroleum derivatives and more

Posted by pickier-than-thou on Feb 10, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Can be used as a sheer cover stick on blemishes, although a bit too dark and reddish for light to medium skin. The sulphur smell doesn't bother me so much but might be quite unpleasant to other people. A HUGE minus for the hidden list of ingredients, that caught me off guard and I almost didn't want to use the product at all - it contains parabens, alcohol, lanolin and polyethylene glycols!

No lanolin!

Posted by Reviewer3122745 on Jul 15, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I wish I had read the ingredients better before I purchased this. Zinc & sulfur are good for acne prone skin, however lanolin is NOT! It is a pore clogger, they might as well add mineral oil too. This actually made my skin worse. They need to get rid of the parabens also. Won't purchase again and it is going in the garbage.

healing balm

Posted by Reviewer2566055 on Feb 08, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This old fashioned formula has healed my 90 year old mothers broken skin like no other. thank you so much for making this and selling it. She has very delicate skin, so easily hurt and this is a miracle.

Drying cream

Posted by Reviewer2877733 on Sep 27, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Unfortunatly, I couldn't see any dramatic change with this Zinc cream. I have oily+ sensitive acne skin. I applied the cream to chin area then felt itch around it. Sorry~

OK

Posted by Reviewer2846348 on Mar 30, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Used this a few times, but didn't really see any results.

Regret that bough it

Posted by Reviewer2103260 on Oct 10, 2012 | Verified Purchase

It's too dark and too hard to apply on face, i wonder how people can use it. And yeah there is harsh chemicals in ingredients.

Thank You So Much Margarite!

Posted by 4832156568170603551 on Apr 18, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I am a 47yr old female suffering advanced Inflammatory Rosacea. I specifically came to iHerb to order a raft of supplements to try and battle this debilitating and chronic condition. I just happened to find this cream whilst looking around the site for the first time, and boy am I glad I did! It is better than anything (including expensive creams prescribed by the dermatologist) I have ever used with regard to healing and cover up of the embarrassing papules that have plagued me for years and destroyed all my confidence. I have extremely sensitive skin which is common amongst Rosacea sufferers. After using the cream for 1 week there are no negatives, only positives. The cream is great to use under makeup and gives me the added bonus of soothing/healing underneath the cosmetic cover up. If I could give it 10 stars out of 5 I would!

Incredible Stuff!

Posted by Reviewer1844307 on May 28, 2010 | Verified Purchase

If you have a rash that turns into raw red skin - I mean, RAW! - this will heal it back to normal in about a week. I somehow managed to get a skin infection that nothing seemed to heal. Even a very expensive colloidial silver preparation failed miserbly. I tried other Zinc preparations but they failed possibly because of so little Zinc content. Not so with Margarite Zinc Cream. It works FAST! I was very impressed. Just one possible downside, though. They seem to feel that a skin colored cream is a great idea - and it would be IF IT DIDN'T STAIN your clothes. So apply it with that in mind and you're good to go.

Best 2 in 1 product!

Posted by 5146070120066208867 on Jun 02, 2014 | Verified Purchase

If all other acne ingredients aren't working for you zinc will! This product is great it has light coverage, but the color is a medium tone. You will need a hydrating moisturizer whether oily or dry. It really dries up where you are breaking out, flaky dry by the end of day if you are wearing makeup.

The only thing we use for acne

Posted by Reviewer1993634 on Feb 02, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This is the only thing that cleared my daughter's acne. We tried salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, proactive, and a few other things, but this is the only cream that actually cleared her face completely. It took about 2 weeks of nightly applications. She didn't like the tint, so she did not wear it during the day. WE ran out of it, and she didn't use it for a week. Her face started to break out again. We are sold on this cream!