Monoi Tiare Tahiti Scented Coconut Oil

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 13, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I got hooked on this while visiting Tahiti. It leaves my skin so soft and the scent is subtle, but wonderful. I use it year round. Your price is fantastic! Shipping was much quicker than anticipated.

A Must-Have Polynesian Classic

Posted by HawaiianViking on Sep 11, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I've been using Mono'i my entire life. It's great as a general, all over moisturizer, as a shower oil, on sunburned skin, and I've known women who use it as a hot-oil hair conditioner (they say that it's the best). When using it on the face, I find that it can be comedogenic when used daily, so I suggest alternating it with a lighter moisturizer. Mono'i is a traditional Polynesian product, which is made by macerating the flowers of the Tiare (Gardenia taitensis) — a small, white, star-like flower and a native Polynesian member of the Gardenia family — in coconut oil that has been obtained by grating, drying, fermenting and pressing the meat of germinated coconuts. Listed among the ingredients is "parfum", which is slightly concerning to me, since I prefer all-natural products and I'd like to know exactly what kind of "parfum" is used. However, I have such a sentimental attachment to this product and it works so well I almost don't want the manufacturer to start tampering with what is deservedly called a classic.

Love This

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 08, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This stuff if just wonderful. The scent is amazing but not too heavy. There's a flower at the bottom of the bottle so don't panic when you see something brown floating inside. You don't need too much so be careful when pouring. Makes your skin feel soft and makes me feel very relaxed.

Oh my!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 24, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This is the most luxurious stuff. Scent is unbelievably wonderful. I warm the bottle in hot water so the oil flows (as opposed to being solid). I will buy more. I feel like it's my birthday every day I use it. Do not hesitate to try it. Yum.

nicely scented moisturizer

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 26, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Moisturizes well, smells very nice, very floral. I find that the scent becomes less intense and more pleasant after it's on your skin for a little while, so don't be frightened when you first open the bottle!

Like a vacation in a bottle!

Posted by notsteveaustin on Apr 16, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Dreamy stuff!

Smells wonderful

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 23, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I love this stuff! I have other coconut oil that doesn't get solid at room temp. so I know that those oils aren't as pure as this since you have to heat it up to make it liquefy. The smell is wonderful and exotic and it sinks in your skin very nice. It has helped keep my wintery dry skin smoother.

Brigitte

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This oil smells great, the mix of coconut and magnolia extract is a perfect blend. It is light but exotic and sexy.

Monoi Oil

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 26, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is a product that I have used for most of my life being from the island of Kauai. I now live in Washington state and do not have access to it here. I can only hope that I find it on websites or my son is kind enough to send me some from Kauai! It is a wonderful product that never disappoints me. Thanks again. Janet M Lopez

Tahitian Monoi Oils

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 11, 2006 | Verified Purchase

Monoi Tiare Tahiti - has and is the best Oil ever made. I am from Hawaii and have been using the TAhitian Monoi oils since 1970's, always been Part of my life actually.