Correction for individuals worried about silica

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 22, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I've given a low rating to grab your attention. This product deserves 10 stars. Ignorance is bliss but not in this case. This mineral whey will naturally form granules and then turn into larger chunks if silica is not added. The granules you see are the good bits that don't have silica. It is the fine powder which flows freely that you need to worry about. Also, please do some research on rice millers syndrome. I have tried both the professional version and this version and would highly recommend this one to anyone with poor digestion or sensitive internals including allergies. Silica is good for health in moderate quantities as it holds everything together just as it holds concrete in a building. It is available for purchase separately in colloidal form too for people having joint problems. Rice hulls on the other hand are also high in silica but are known to cause health problems. Personally, I would prefer for the product to be silica-free or with minimal silica but then most people hate granules so it's not good for business. Declaring the amount would help but no one does that so why expect that from Mt.Capra? I can't even tolerate fresh goat milk but this is the best drink I've had in the last decade.

Although it tasted good - - -

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 22, 2008 | Verified Purchase

this product actually made me VERY, VERY gassy and also caused me to have diarrhea. I'm on a fast from meats, etc and I was hoping that this would give me the protein I need (outside from having to eat soy). But unfortunately it just did not work out for me. I intend to return it as I really could not take it.

Great product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 09, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I've been taking this for about 2 weeks and I feel the difference. Tastes great over cereal or in cocoa. Highly recommended!

Perfect

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 09, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I suffer from malabsorbtion from my difficulty digesting fructose and fructans. I have been trying to follow a low FODMAPS diet. This whey is easy for me to digest which makes for better absorption of the minerals. I am so glad I read the reviews and ordered the goat whey.

Great mineral supplement

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 02, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This is a tasty mineral supplement. When mixed in hot water it dissolves nicely and has a taste similar to Ovaltine. I like to add some molasses to increase the mineral content.

GREAT GRAVY!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 18, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is a brown powder that makes delicious gravy. Flour, powdered broth powder, Mt Capra Mineral Goat Whey in equal amounts (about 1 TBSP each) plus a small amount of milk added to a little melted coconut oil and stirred together. Slowly stir in more goat milk (or any milk) until you like the consistency. If you want it browner, sparingly add a little Kitchen Bouquet. A quick gravy for any dish. MT CAPRA Mineral Goat Whey is a very high quality product from free-range goats.

Whey for balance

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 17, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Very good is helping with my ph balance.

Capra Mineral Whey

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 26, 2009 | Verified Purchase

iHerb had this excellent cold processed mineral whey product at a very good price. My purchase was shipped quickly and it arrived in good time. Thank you!

no effects

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 21, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Although I'm convinced that this product is very nourishing I didn't notice any positive effect.

Capra mineral whey

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 23, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Was disappointed that it contained so little magnezium compared to the calcium. But of course, it is natural whey with nothing added. Should have read the ingredients. Also, 9g. of sugar. A little too high for me.