Check the strength

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 18 2009 | Verified Purchase

I've been using melatonin for my son (now 6) over a year now, and the good sleep has helped him learn better. I used to buy the Natrol in the smaller bottle, but the bigger is more economical. Just be aware that the larger bottle is 2-1/2x the strength. I had to make a few phone calls to get the dosage right (we use 1/2 tsp)

HIGHLY recommended!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 27 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have severe trouble with insomnia, have tried many products (including prescription meds, herbal formulas, and even other brands of Melatonin) and this product really helps me to fall and stay asleep all night. What makes this work for me is that it is LIQUID and therefore more easily and quickly absorbed. HIGHLY recommended!!

Better than pills

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 7 2009 | Verified Purchase

Works about 50% of the time and seems to be more effective than the pills (I have tried 11 brands in pill form) and sprays. I have noticed that it is easy to lose the "window of opportunity" for actual sleep if I take it and decide to stay up a bit later to finish watching something on TV. It works but is very gentle and has never left me with a morning after feeling. I have chronic sleep problems and have found that it is best to switch out products because nothing seems to work for more than a week or two.

I love Natrol Melatonin

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 23 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have a 8 year old Autistic son. Natural liquid melatonin is the brand for him. I've tried other brands and he wake up in the middle of the night and has a horrible morning. With this product not only does he have a restful night...he's pleasant through out the day!

Good product!

Posted by NBPT10 on October 29 2017 | Verified Purchase

I like melatonin in a liquid form so you can tailor the dose to your needs. It is a hormone so you don't want to take more than you need. It is also an effective sleep aid for many. It does not make you sleep by itself. It just sets the stage for other things to happen which make you sleep. A Study at MIT has shown that less can be more when it comes to dosing. I would recommend starting off with a small dose like .5 mg and work up until you feel it is at optimum. If you wake up groggy or feeling hung over it is too much. It is also more effective if you take it with a small amount of Vitamin B6. Like 25, 50 or 100mg. Again start low and work up. The active P5P form of B6 will work better for you if you have the MTHFR gene mutation. If the regular B6 does not seem to help the Melatinon's effect switch to the P5P form of vitamin B6. Melatonin has also been shown to be a powerful anti oxidant. So it does more than just help in the sleep process. I only give it 4 stars because this contains artificial dyes and sugar. Why not sweeten with stevia? Natrol, are you reading this? If you found this review helpful please click the YES button and visit my iHerb Home page for more value added reviews. Peace and good health.

Good melatonin product in liquid form

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 20 2016 | Verified Purchase

A liquid formulation enables you to adjust the dose easily. This is the more concentrated one (so it's cheaper per mg), there is a weaker one also. You can get quite a small dose, even with this stronger liquid, by using cooking measuring spoons. A 1/4 teaspoon measure is 1.25ml of liquid, so that is one eighth of the 2.5mg dose, which equals about 312mcg of melatonin. A half teaspoon measure would give a 625mcg dose, and so on. So far, seems a good product to me.

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 24 2015 | Verified Purchase

This stuff is a god send for my 2 1/2 year old ADHD, cerebral palsy and autistic son! His doctor wanted to put him on it around a year ago but I was hesitant because of the price of this on prescription so he recommended this site! It works well most nights, although there are some bad nights still. But the improvement is awesome compared to waiting 4-5 hours for him to fall asleep each night. Definitely recommend it! :)

great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 16 2012 | Verified Purchase

my shih tzu was recently diagnosed with cushings disease, part of his treatment is 2 tsp, 2x a day of melatonin.(Natrol) (he is under the care of a holistic traditional vet.

Excellent and can be used for children

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 14 2011 | Verified Purchase

My daughter takes 2/3 of a tablespoon and sleeps great with this. No funny pre-sleep hyperactivity as we had with some chewable melatonin before. Highly recommended!

Too much preservatives

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 15 2015 | Verified Purchase

In was hoping to use the melatonin on my scalp. It has too much preservatives in it, and was to sticky when rubbed on scalp. Who sells melatonin with no preservatives in it? I want to use it as a hair growth treatment.