well

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 01, 2010 | Verified Purchase

actually that was too strong for me

Not impressed with this product.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 18, 2017 | Verified Purchase

It’s my first time of using the Time Release and I would have to say I’d rather use the regular one ! It doesn’t seem to help me go to sleep straight away like the regular one does. Takes me hours some nights, which can be frustrating. So I’m going to use the regular one in future.

Contains excessively high amount of B6

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 16, 2018 | Verified Purchase

I have never written a review here before but I felt compelled to point out that this product contains the 10mg limit of vitamin B6 you should take every day. You only need 1.2 - 1.4 mg per day. In it’s favour this product works really well. However, Priton works just as well, presumably without the vitamin B6. Since I did not want to take addictive sleeping pills, my doctor prescribed Piriton for hayfever. That works really well but I wanted a more natural long term alternative, so I tried this product. I found the lower dose of 3mg is very effective for my husband but completely ineffective for me and everytime I take the the higher dose of 10mg it gives it me a severe headache the next day. I found that 6mg is just right. So for short term relief, I have taken two of the 3mg pills. No matter the dosage of melatonin in this range, they all seem to contain the same amount of B6, 10mg. However, when I searched on iherb I did can find the same brand of Natrol 10mg Melatonin without the B6 listed on the webpage yet packaged in exactly the same way. I was always very well aware that this product contains the maximum daily amount of vitamin B6. The UK government, National Health Service suggest that you do not take more than 10mg of B6 a day without the advice of a doctor. They also advise that you should be able to get all you need from your food. Since we are vegetarians, we take a special vegan vitamin and mineral supplement to make sure we have ingested sufficient B12 and zinc in particular and that also contains excessivly high amounts of vitamin B6. It’s not that I am ungrateful for the iherb product range, it’s just that the whole industry now seems to be unregulated. Pharmacy staff or the faceless internet replacement no longer appear to possess sufficient doses of the requisite caring attitude or proffer advice as an old-fashioned, face-to-face pharmacist, chemist or department store employee would have provided in the past. In addition, buying over the internet the internet can provide too many opportunities for impulse buys in order to reach the required shipping fee, which is not advisable when purchasing chemicals. After all this, I have now seen research that points to higher doses B6 being linked to the prevention the growth of cancerous tumours which throws the whole argument back into question. For the record, I used to work in a chemist with a pharmacy. I would have posted the link to the well-respected English National Health Service advice on the recommended intake of B vitamins. However, iherb apparently would not let me post it.

Not really work

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 11, 2018 | Verified Purchase

I have bought and tried 2-3 bottles . It was very sleepy first but after a moment you still can’t sleep well.

Not Effective

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 21, 2018 | Verified Purchase

I cannot feel it specially help my sleep.

Melatonin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 27, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I usually use the typical chewable malatonin. This time I tried this time-released version, but I find it takes a LOT longer to take effect. Last night I couldn't sleep. I took one of these at 11pm but couldn't fall asleep until sometime after 12. With chewables, I'd usually fall asleep within 10 minutes. The one good thing about it is, I don't wake up slightly groggy like I do with chewables.

Received In Different Packaging

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 08, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I was very pleased with this product. But now I have received or a different product or the packaging has changed. Now my autistic daughter spits them out and doesn't want to use this product anymore :(

Not For Me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 20, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Makes me feel asleep all night. But I wake up with feeling of groggy . No freshness and feeling sleepy all day . So tired

Does not work as described for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 26, 2017 | Verified Purchase

This was supposed to help me maintain a full night sleep, preferably 6-8 hrs. But I still wake up in the middle of the night. This does not mean it will not work for you, as we all have different reasons for our troubled sleeping. Gave it 2 stars because it does help slightly in falling asleep.

I don't feel any difference. I'ts not works for me.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 18, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I was better look for good quality product.

1 2