excellent

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 26, 2009 | Verified Purchase

It really works and it's healthy. I've had no side effects although some people do. I have lost 40 lbs. in about 6 months. I am very happy about this ss I have been about 60 lbs. overweight since I quit smoking and then stopped taking care of myself for a few years too. I have never stuck with a diet or any diet supplements - tried several that didn't work. Wasted money. PGX seemed to work right away.

Be patient when starting to use PGX

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 30, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I started using Natural Factors, PGX Daily, Ultra Matrix Softgels, 750 mg to help with weight loss and blood sugar management. I have PCOS and was hoping that there would be spin-off benefits for my symptoms. Anyway, I've been using PGX for about a month now and there were a few problems adjusting to it. In the first few days I was bloated and uncomfortable. I woke up in the night with incredible thirst and drank an average of 6 litres of water a day for the first few days. I even ran a fever for a day or two as my body adjusted to two tablets before each meal. Every two or three days I increased my dosage. On about day 6 something magically changed. I was at a dose of 3 tablets before each meal and I realised my body was used to the tablets. I was drinking about 750 mls of water with each dose of 3. Over the next two weeks I increased to 4 and then 5 tablets before each meal. Five tablets is just right for me. It suppresses my appetite and I have lost 2 kilos (approx 4 pounds) in 3 weeks. The best thing it does is stabilise my cravings for food. Usually I get cravings about 2 - 3 hours after a meal - an indication that my blood sugars are dropping. With PGX I'm so stable and the cravings are not there. I've surprised myself with the healthy food choices I've been able to make. I assume it's because I'm not so hungry, the PGX fills me up. I had a blood test before commencing so I'll post another review in several months time when we see what it's doing to my blood sugar levels. I've just ordered another batch of these. I can see them being a real help to me.

PGX A Great Help

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 10, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have been using this product for over a month now, and I would have to say that I feel that it has definitely helped me to stick to my diet and control those sugar cravings. There was a adjustment period for the body, as is described in the instructions but it is definitely worth it. I take a probiotic every few days to help, and it works. I think having control of the cravings goes a long way. I never realized how the blood sugar can mess up the diet, but I can sure tell the difference. I just don't have the real "binges" anymore. I hope you continue to carry this product, and I appreciate the great price you offer.

pgx

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 13, 2009 | Verified Purchase

seems to work as stated, although for me I find I can only tolerate 2 per day. But even with that, my scale is going down with no change in diet.

It works!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 10, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I bought this after hearing about it on Dr. Oz. At 44 years old, losing weight was difficult. I included PGX in my new healthy lifestyle and the weight came off rapidly. I gave myself 2 years to lose 80 lbs. What a wonderful surprise when I lost 47 lbs in less than 3 months. This works when you add it to a healthy eating lifestyle. I also walk every day.

Great Product Line!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 20, 2010 | Verified Purchase

After trying the free sample and deciding this was a product I really could live with, I ordered this larger size. Even though the softgels are rather large, I find them very easy to swallow, which is saying a lot for me. I do feel very satisfied and my smaller meal portions are just fine now. I'm starting to lose weight and feel so much better. The fact that this pgx product stabilizes glucose delivery is the key to my program. I'm so very pleased I've found an ally in my health program. I've told everyone I know about this product. I've just ordered the SlimStyles drink mixes and will start those shortly. Thank you iHerb for carrying this line and your fabulous service!

a winner

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 06, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have a tendency to put on weight during the summer and need some help to keep if off. This does the trick plus the fact that it helps lower cholesterol and triglycerides makes it an added bonus.I wish I had had this 8 years ago when I lost 25 pounds; it would have made it a lot easier!!!!!!

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Apr 24, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Eating simple carbohydrates spikes my blood sugar, gives me headache and energy roller coaster. Since it is easily digested, I get hungry again fast (normally 3 hours) and need to seek food again. It makes weight loss problematic. I live in an environment where eating simple carbohydrates are sometimes unavoidable. Many health books or websites touted PSX as one of the best products for stabilising blood sugar and prolonging food satiety. There are also a couple of studies showing that PSX works. In short, it works. I can last easily till the next meal (6-7 hours time gap) without the energy spike or craving to grab some quick snacks. I also lost some weight in the meantime. However, it requires substantial number of softgels in order to work. The supplement facts can be somewhat misleading too since it shows 2 softgels and 120 servings. The recommended dosage is 3-6 softgels per meal which translate to 80 to just 40 servings. Divide that by 2-3 meals daily and you find that one bottle might not last too long. Since this product is patented, it is very expensive as well. From my personal experience, 3 are enough for some noticeable effects while 4 is the right amount for me. The softgel is made of gelatin (not for vegan), same size as standard fish oil softgels and not hard to swallow. For me, I find that it’s not very cost effective. Though the product contains fiber, it does not really help with the bowels imo. The best way is to still cut down or control on unhealthy simple carbohydrates since it is devoid of nutrients, spikes blood sugar and fattening. If you can afford, this is probably the best blood sugar stabilising product. Check out my page for more reviews!

Big Surprise! Just thought it would control cravings!!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 18, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I purchased PGX to control my cravings and possibly loose 5-10 lbs. The big plus is how it regulates my blood sugar levels during the night. I've had trouble sleeping soundly during the night for the past 6-7 years. I've tried everything (except drugs!) such as not eating after 6:00pm and only eating a light meal (no sweets, etc) in the evening. These changes did improve the situation some what when I first started to do them, but I've gradually been experiencing problems again. For the past 3 weeks I've been taking 2 PGX capsules 15-30 minutes before each meal and I've experienced a noticeable improvement in my need for sweets and overall feeling of fullness (feeling satisfied) all day long. Most importantly I've seen consistent improvement with a deeper sleep EVERY night. I wake up more refreshed and feeling well rested, which is something I haven't felt in a long time. I like the stuff! and would highly recommend it to anyone struggling with eating binges and sound sleeping issues!

I Love PGX

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 30, 2009 | Verified Purchase

It helps control my appetite and is controling my blood glucose. Fast food and ads don't even tempt me now. Great price at iHerb.