very versatile!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 14, 2008 | Verified Purchase

this is recommended for energy & endurance; i haven't noticed a huge difference yet but i've only been taking it for a week. however, i discovered something so neat i want to share it--chia is a great vehicle for supplements that don't dissolve well!!! i put 1-2 teaspoons in 1/4-1/3 cup of water, juice or coconut milk, let it sit 15 minutes, and then mix in supplements such as psyllium, dolomite, azomite, or creatine; they get "suspended" in the mucilage and don't sink to the bottom. i used to have to stir, gulp, add more liquid, stir again and then not only would i still get that grit in my mouth (or in the glass), i'd feel like my gut was gonna bust from all the water! it's a little slimy, like egg whites, but i'm getting used to it. it's also great in baking; if you soak the seeds first, the consistency helps bind the ingredients, adds moisture and fluffiness, and looks like poppy seeds! i also mixed some chia with toasted sesame seeds and sea salt for a nice seasoning for rice, salad etc--or just as a little snack!

POWERHOUSE FOOD !!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 20, 2008 | Verified Purchase

HIGHLY RECOMMEND CHIA SEEDS, I SUFFER FROM GOUT FOR OVER 10 YEARS! THIS PRODUCT IS ALWAYS IN MY SYSTEM, though I use ALOT less than what is recommended, this stuff is ~STRONG~ (and be sure to drink ALOT, Alot of water)!!!!!!!! This stuff cleans out your system like right now !!!!

Great for Getting the Pipes Moving!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 08, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Wonderful, gentle, natural relief for constipation. No upset stomach and works on all family members. Don't like it plain in water, but we add a Tbsp to our smoothy every morning and it works like a charm! Our Doctor recommended it.

Wonderful supplement!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 30, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have added Chia Seed to all my salads, cereals & fruit dishes and it is wonderful. No gas, indigestion or bloated feelings anymore. As though it has coated my inards. Great stuff.

Chia Seeds

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 25, 2008 | Verified Purchase

For about 6 years I have been taking chia seeds and have found they will lower my BP and help decrease my desire for sweets. My problem is sometimes I forget to eat any.

Ms Ilze Valikovs

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 16, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Australia's quarantine regulations make the importation of these seeds difficult. AQIS always stops them for inspection & puts on a $77-80 fee to examine them.I now have to alert DHL when my order is about to arrive & fax them a copy of a certificate I obtained from the head office in Canberra which states that they are an allowed seed. It is a bit of a deterrant but I am persisting.

Energy Seed!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 05, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I really like the chia seeds. I sometimes eat them straight (about 1 tablespoon) to give me that extra boost of energy mid-day or if I don't have time to eat, this is what I'll eat to hold off the hunger. Or, I'll add about 2 tablespoons to a green smoothie to make sure I get in my omegas for the day.

great

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 25, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Fiber and omega together plus no taste no problem taking it.

Love them

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 16, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I am very pleased with these seeds. Just learned about the benefits of taking chia seeds for both diabetes and thyroid. Since I started taking them, I had a blood test done and most of my numbers, including the thyroid, have dropped. Only thing they claim to do that hasn't happened to me is cutting the appetite. But they give me more energy and taste good - kind of crunchy and taste kind of nutty. I love the product.

Great stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 16, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This helps my acid reflux a little (it seems to be soothing on the whole GI system), and I also have lost about two pounds in the month or so I've been using it. I think the bulking action fills my stomach and quells the appetite, at least for me. It doesn't have a taste, just an intriguing texture, like grainy gelatin...I don't have any problems drinking it in cold water.