Nature's Answer, Sambucus (nigra) Black Elder Berry Extract, 8 fl oz (240 ml)

Posted by Reviewer1971676 on Aug 26, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Amazing stuff to fight off illness. Best when taken at first symptoms. My 85 year old mother taught me about this great product.

Nature's Answer Sambucus Black Elder Berry Extract

Posted by Reviewer1860479 on Oct 14, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Pleasant tasting; useful in preparation for and during allergy seasons.

Flu buster

Posted by 4836150751657908512 on Feb 26, 2015 | Verified Purchase

This was recommended by a customer's mum and purchased with a lot of doubt. But after two bottles, I'm sold. It works. However you need to take it at the first signs of a flu or cold. Does not seem to work that well once the flu starts but taking it seems to shorten the length of the symptoms and you recover faster. Definitely will buy more.

Elder Berry is the best remedy to avoid losing your voice due to Upper Respiratory Infection (URI)

Posted by Reviewer2944616 on Mar 23, 2014 | Verified Purchase

In my experience, Elder Berry is the best remedy to avoid losing my voice, when I get an URI, like a cold with a nasty sore throat, etc. Btw, it also helps to minimize sore throat pain, if start using early. I used to buy the herb itself (Elder Berry flowers) in a local store, but it closed recently, so I found this Sambucus, and am very happy with it! There's no added sugar or anything else in this brand, so I prefer this one over the others. I now keep 3-4 bottles of this in my fridge as a back up, as I was susceptible to URIs in the last couple of years. That said, I have changed my lifestyle to a healthier one (sleep at the right times, work out regularly, take immune system boosting supplements, such as this one, etc.) and in the last year I haven't gotten sick! My point is that there's more to this than just one supplement. It's a life style. But this product is one of my supplement staples now!

Best anti-viral out there

Posted by stinapope on May 03, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I rely on this stuff to keep me clear during our current high pollen season

Love it!

Posted by Reviewer3319582 on May 26, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I switched to this brand after seeing what Nature's Way did when it reformulated its Sambucus (aka Sambucol) product--they added artificial flavoring and a harmful preservative. I see that Nature's Way has reformulated again w/o that stuff but shame on them for being so sneaky and cheap in their initial reformulation. I accidentally bought several bottles w/o realizing what they had done. So I've converted to Nature's Answer Sambucus based on principles and what I think is a far superior, higher concentrated product.

Elderberry extract is excellent!

Posted by Reviewer1159045 on Mar 13, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Elderberry is an anti-viral, which is very useful in this flu season. We have had a nasty flu virus going around our communities (school, church, friends), and so far my family has managed to side-step it by taking Nature's Answer Sambucus. It has a decent flavor and is not too thick, making it easier to get down. I highly recommend it, especially during cold and flu season.

Good for blocked sinuses.

Posted by Reviewer1687596 on Mar 28, 2011 | Verified Purchase

My sinuses ached. I knew exactly where my bronchial tubes were. (I have had bad acute bronchitis before.) But I wasn't coughing and my sinuses were not draining, and I felt very very tired. I felt like I was in gridlock -- maybe walking pneumonia. I took some of this elder berry extract and things started rolling. My body finally started to get rid of the mucus and phlegm, and I felt much better.

Excellent Elderberry syrup.

Posted by NBPT100 on Feb 22, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Natures Answer does an excellent job of putting this syrup together. I have had good luck with this when a cold or flu type of symptoms are coming on. I take more than the recommended dosage as it is very conservative. I take 3-4 tea spoons 3-4 times per day. If your digestion is off you may find taking more is critical as you may have absorbtion issues. Also if you are a larger than average person you will want to take more that the label recommended dosing. Combine this with higher doses of Vitamin C and local honey and you will be on your way to getting better faster. Famous Herbalist and author Rose Mary Gladstar is a fan of Elderberry syrup. If you make it yourself, she recommends only using the blue berries as the red are potentially toxic. If you found this review helpful kindly click the YES button. For many more value added reviews visit my iHerb home page. Peace and good Health.

Awesome taste!

Posted by Reviewer2627218 on May 16, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This extract is very pleasant to taste and already I can see a difference in health. Spring colds are going around and my daughter acquired one but I am amazed that the rest of us are all healthy and her cold is getting better quickly.