Warning! Can be toxic for small children!

Posted by reader on Jul 30, 2014 | Verified Purchase

We've been buying and using this syrup for sometime for the whole family, including my 3 year old son. A week ago, my son drunk a few tablespoons of this syrup while my husband left him unattended in the kitchen. When I got home,my son suddenly started crying from a terrible headache, then vomited repeatedly and become pale, sleepy and weak. We rushed him to ER. By the time we got there he vomited everything that he swallowed earlier and felt better. Thank God! I am writing this to warn other parents: please watch the dosage and do not leave this accessible to small children! Also elderberries can be toxic when uncooked. My son has a lot of food allergies as well. None of us ever reacted to this product before when we took it as suggested. It seemed to help with colds and flu.

Taste Not as Fresh

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 24, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I previously tried another brand available at iherb and liked the taste - it is like fresh, sweet juice. This product's taste is not as pleasant. Also, I am not sure this brand is processed at low temperatures as the other brand. However, this one is processed as a pharmaceutically licensed facility, so that is a plus. Maybe this works as well.

Hit or miss

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

My wife noticed a throat ache and took this right away, and got better the next day. My daughter possibly had the same thing, but did not take Sambucus until fever has set in, and was not effective.

too sweet to my taste

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 06, 2017 | Verified Purchase

This product tastes too sweet, to the degree of being unpleasant. It would benefit from a less sugar sweet taste, which is a concern to many people these days and particularly children, who develop their sweet tooth so quickly.

Nice taste

Posted by buildingupmoms on Mar 12, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Came well recommended but didn't notice any difference from using just Vit C.

taste a bit spicy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 15, 2017 | Verified Purchase

my son keep saying it tastes a bit spicy

good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 06, 2011 | Verified Purchase

good

ok

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 20, 2011 | Verified Purchase

my hubby say it dun taste yucky

IC sufferers beware

Posted by ej3939 on Jul 05, 2017 | Verified Purchase

This product might be good, I started with the onset of a cold but it gave me an IC flare. After 3 days of use I had to stop. My cold didn't develop but its been days now and my bladder is still in flare. For this reason I can't rate this item fairly

Taste not so good

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 05, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I dont like the taste but it worked on my family

1 2