Doctor recommended

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 27, 2007 | Verified Purchase

The Univ. of Wisconsin liver clinic, one of the best, and one of the most progressive, in the country, specifically recommends three Thistlyn caps a day for hepatitus and cyrrosus paitents, before and after a transplant.

V.E. Thiessen (rETIRED BUSINESSMAN)

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Thie product has done for my wife what no prescription drug was able to do. She has Hepatitus C and as a result has undergone a liver transplant. However her liver enzimes were always high indicating a problem. Unable to control them with drugs we use milk-thissel to bring them down to normal, much to the suprrise of the transplant team. We find Thisilyn, a product of Germany supplied by iHerb to be the best dependable supplier ever. Thanks forthe quick responce to orders. 5 stars for supplier and products

Thisilyn reduced my sugar!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 02, 2008 | Verified Purchase

After taking thisilyn my sugar was greatly reduced. This was a wonderful assistance in controlling my diabetes.

Works well in low dose

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I take 1/2 capsule on midday and 1/2 in the evening (before meals). This dosage works well for me. When I started, I took one full capsule in the evening and that had a slight laxative effect, which I did not wish. The recommendation is 3 capsules per day - not a good idea for me. So my tipp if you have a sensitive gastrointestinal tract: start with a low dosage!

For Long Term Wellness

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 27, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I started taking Thislyn to combat the side effects of antibiotics I was taking for Lyme disease. After starting Thislyn, my liver tests became normal. That was over 10 years ago and I still take Thislyn to help maintain liver health.

Liver protecting, detoxifying supplement

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 08, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Silymarin and other flavonoid substances in milk thistle have demonstrated a protective, detoxifying effect on the liver. Most published research have used the Thisilyn formula. Some research has also indicated that the substances in milk thistle extract may be useful also for treating prostate BPH symptoms.

Nature's Way, Thisilyn, 100 Vcaps (NWY-06958)

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 16, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Got this after reading about it in "Prevention". My daughter at 42 had just been diagnosed with diabetes. MD wanted to put her on insulin - she's stubborn and said "I'll try being careful about my diet" She also has had lab reports come back reporting a 'fatty liver' for over 13 years. So in September 2008, I sent for and gave her these capsules. She called last week- had been to see her physician - her blood sugar was down to 98 and her liver studies were normal for the first time in over 13 years. She asked her MD if he thought the Thisilyn helped- he said "I don't know but because of the results, don't stop taking them."

For Morning Sickness

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 09, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I am doing a prep before conceiving to prevent Morning sickness. This product helps to cleasne and keep the liver clean and can be taken 3 caps a day before AND during pregnancy safely. Your liver health has alot to do with morning sickness, because it has to process all the extra hormones at the beginning of pregnancy. Milk thistle is reputed to completely eliminate, or greatly reduce morning sickness if taken before and during pregnancy. It works best if taken with digestive enzymes, probiotics, a ginger supplement, and drink lemon water. Bye Bye morning sickness! UPDATE on the Thisilyn--I have only begun to take Thisilyn, but I tell you it must be absorbing into my body, because me psoirasis is beginning to dry up/ get smoother. Thats my test to see how good milk thistle absorbs! So far so good, maybe it will make the psoriasis disappear!

Good value for money

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 15, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking a more expensive Silymarin supplement for some years now, but due to the drop in the UK pound's value, I have had to buy a cheaper version to avoid paying import taxes. I have been pleasantly surprised by Nature's Way Thisilyn and have found it very effective for liver health maintenance.

Seems to Work

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 19, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I purchased this brand after I found out that the brand I'd been using (BlueBonnet) failed consumerlabs test and was discontinued. This brand seems to work. Each capsule contains more silymarin than other brands. I don't think I will buy this again because I just noticed on the label that it contains modified cellulose gum and mannitol both unnecessary fillers.