Posted by iHerb Customer on December 26 2011 | Verified Purchase

I am a regular customer of i.herb but this is the first time i have been so impressed with a supplement that i wanted to spread the word. I have been for a great deal of my life hormonally out of balance, been to conventional doctors, alternative doctors and none were able to help me telling me that my hormones were all ok, although i felt most of the time lousy, im now 45 and perimenopausal. I had used maca powders before, but either i didnt use them long enough for them to take effect or i was missing the effects of the gelatinized version. I have been taking 1 teaspoon of this for the last 6 weeks and i feel ''balanced'' for the first time in my entire life,putting weight on in all the right places and nowhere else, improved sleep, mood and energy. Im over the moon!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 22 2007 | Verified Purchase

Nothing beats this product for dealing with vaginal dryness and other hormone imbalance symptoms. I mean, this stuff makes you really ready to go with your man!

Definitely worth buying!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on April 15 2013 | Verified Purchase

Maca is an adaptogen that is well known to increase libido for both men/women without affecting hormones. It helps to increase sperm count and motility, improve immunity, nutrient dense (rich in amino acid, phytonutrients, healthy fats, vitamin and minerals), nourishes the endocrine system, balances the hormones relieve exhausted adrenal glands which help to handle stress, increase energy levels, improve physical endurance and elevates our mood. This product is organic (no pesticides), kosher, vegan and raw (means that vitamins and enzymes are not destroyed by heat). This is the gelatinized version as you don't get the starch (carbo), meaning you get more of the the important nutrients as well. The good point is that it only cost slightly more! Maca has a sweet and slight root taste. I consider it pleasant tasting. It’s a good price for 454g of maca. Personally, I find that the libido boost and energy boost is quite observant. This is a good way to take maca as well as compared to those capsules of 500mg or tablets of 1000mg (seriously low in dosage). I like to mix with chocolate based blend like Amazing Gras s Chocolate to drink. I probably can feel the boost more with this gelatinized maca as compared to normal maca. My only complaint is that the zip lock tears off easily so you will require a container unless the powder will cake. Check out my page for more reviews!

Keeps me Going!

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 10 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have tried ordinary Maca powder from a different brand, it was okay, but I find this Gelatinized version gentler on the stomach. It has balanced my hormones out and has given me more energy to utilise during the day, without affecting my sleep pattern. Would buy again.

This is the best way to have maca

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 9 2014 | Verified Purchase

No tummy issues with this cool gelatinized powder. fantastic stuff! i use it in smoothies. Updated December 2014 - i've come back to order more and see the price has more than doubled!!!!??? What the???? Is there a global maca shortage or something? Can't afford to buy more at this price

Macamazing !

Posted by vinetu28 on August 28 2012 | Verified Purchase

I think this stuff works! You feel more driven to accomplish things. I notice that when I don't take it I'll have less energy. It's not a hyper energy it's more of a calm focused energy. The powder is great because you can mix it with drinks and it tastes kind of maltey. I sometimes eat it directly from the spoon and rinse it down with water. I've read it's even better for women to take because it balances their hormones which fluctuate more than men's do. You need to start slowly with the dosage and adjust it according to your body's needs, then take a break from it occasionally or it appears to lose potency(for example: 3 week ON, 1 week OFF). I recommend using 1 tsp to 1 tbsp in water mixing it up and drinking it as fast as possible in the morning. It taste bad but you can mix it with juice or something else (smoothies, shakes and tea). It is necessary to note that аnyone who has a sensitive digestive system must be careful with the raw maca. Like other cruciferous roots, maca is particularly difficult to digest when raw. Not only is it fiber-dense, it also contains lots of goitrogens - that's why the raw root and it's flour is so bitter - so it's no wonder people have digestive and occasional hormonal (thyroid) complaints.To avoid this issue maca should be cooked in order to be gentle on digestion, on metabolism, and it has always been cooked traditionally(by the native Puruvians)for this purpose! Another option for those with digestive issue is Gelatinized Maca Powder(iHerb carry gelatinized raw maca). Gelatinized means that it's fiber has been removed, and goitrogens denatured. The gelatinized product was developed specifically to address the digestion issue inherent with the root. To summarize, I give this maca powder a five star rating because it's simply great . This stuff makes you feel better than any multivitamin you'll find and I definitely recommend it.*****

Amazing Product! Revives the Mind!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 9 2011 | Verified Purchase

I've only been using Maca for a few weeks but the benefits are dramatic. It's great for working out, building muscle, keeping a sharp mind and giving an extra abundance in energy and helps keep your mind very clear and SHARP. I definately recommend this company as well.

Gelatinized Maca is better in absorption

Posted by RubiesHealth on December 7 2011 | Verified Purchase

Though gelatinized Maca is more expensive than the organic version, it is worth it. We love the aroma n taste. It is malty n a litte sweet, like most ginseng. We mix a teaspoon with 2tsp of barley grass powder before pouring in the water. This way it won't clump that much. Good absorption half hour or more before breakfast. See result in men faster that women - better stamina in all physical activities. Unless post-menopause, women generally need a few months for menstrual pattern to adjust. May experience temporary pms.

daily staple

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 23 2009 | Verified Purchase

I take this daily and feel it really balances my horomones (female). I have a noticeable difference when I take it. The quality is excellent.

Nice, sweet taste

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 7 2011 | Verified Purchase

I like the taste of the gelatinized powder better than the raw powder. I take 1-2 tbsp a day in a green smoothie or in soy/nut/rice milk with raw cacao. After taking this for less than one month, all my PMS symptoms completely disappeared. I use to really suffer from horrendous menstrual cramps, but with the maca powder my period is regular, light and not even a hint of cramps! Evening primrose oil used to help somewhat, but nothing compared with maca.