Fabric Softener - Yes Laundry Cleaner - No

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 20, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This does not 'clean' your clothes. I have tried using 2 and 3 times the amount called for and the clothes still do not smell clean. I have a very good 'nose' and I can smell body oils, etc. in clothes that most people can't detect at all. We have well water and it is softened. I do not know how it works with chlorinated city water. If this can't clean towels, t-shirts and simple things you can only imagine the results when trying on my husbands work clothes. UGH. The only good thing I can say about this is that it does make towels and clothes softer, BUT soft 'still dirty' items are not acceptable to me. I was hoping this would work, but it does not. On a good note, I have to say that I have started adding a little of this to my wash along with my powder detergent and the clothes are super soft. So, I will use it as a fabric softener which is a 'natural' way to get the clothes soft. This combined with my detergent makes the clothes smell very fresh too. Wish it worked as well without adding my powder to it.

I expected way more

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 31, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have to put at least 2 scoops for a normal 6kg-7kg wash and the results are below average, not amazing, the smell is not strong enough to be left on clothes, in fact clothes smell dirty . So this will only last me for 50 washes not 100 washes which does not make it economical for me. Sometimes I was the clothes for another wash cycle. Over 2-3 hrs. Still not great

Not loving it

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 06, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I felt this detergent to be mediorce and went back to using washing soda with my other eco wash instead. I have young children and this did not touch the stains.

Does not work with HARD WATER

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 10, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I used this soap when living in Vancouver, Canada, for a year, but had to stop when I moved as the residue just doesn't wash away with hard water. Your clothes, especially cotton, will eventually develop this terrible musty smell ( Amazon has a few musty smell reviews, especially with washing cloth diapers). The company is based in North Vancouver, Canada, which has a water hardness of 1 grain per gallon (gpg). On the other hand, when I moved to LA, it's back to hard water, around 12 gpg. So if your water source is hard and not softened with a household water softener, then don't even try Nellies, the smell of the clothes quickly becomes unbearable. Because it worked in Vancouver, I didn't doubt the product in LA, and spent time working on other reasons, like freshening my washer, dryer, laundry room, etc. When I switched back to EcoMax unscented, it was magic, no more bad smells and my clothes seem to come out cleaner, too.

Not good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 11, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I can not recommend this laundry soda, it does not clean well. I don't know if it matters that I have a front loading washing machine or soft water. All sorts of normal stains* would not come out after 3 washes, and in the end 3x the recommended amount of soda in the washing machine. *mud, blood, grease or lawn stains. I used it for all our laundry for roughly 5 weeks. Then I gave up after I noticed that all the family clothes, towels and bed sheets had stains that would not come out after excessive washing :/

Doesn't work

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 28, 2017 | Verified Purchase

The pretty tin is the only good thing about this product. The instruction says one scoop for a regular sized load, but my white t shirt still has that faint stain on. What's more, my clothes after the laundry smell dirty. I thought it was my washing machine at fault, so I cleaned it using the washing machine cleaning solution TWICE and then redid the same load, and still left with stain-y laundry that also smells dirty.

not happy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 17, 2017 | Verified Purchase

bought these for my friend but all tins crushed, cant even closed the lid. not happy.