Tastes good but very pricey

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 12, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This medication is supposed to be better than the cheaper kind. Now that New Chapter has been taken over by Procter and Gamble, the makers of Tide and Crest, I am wondering whether these pills will go down in quality. The new directors also are a part of weapons manufacture, so I don't expect much ethics from them. The cheaper brand smelled a little rancid, so this is an improvement. Also the bottled molecular distilled oil tastes and smells good, is cheap, but not in pill form. Since New Chapter was taken over by Procter & Gamble, I am a little insecure about taking a "gamble" in consuming these. It is a little like buying Chinese bone china instead of Wedgewood. Both are made from the same ingredients, but the Wedgewood is heated for 36 hours at 2700F for about 39 hours, while the Chinese "equivalent" is heated at 600F for only 3 1/2 hours. This saves the manufacturer big money, but the cups chip easily. Wonder what ends up "chipping" in my body. Is it a "Gamble"?

best quality

Posted by estranged on Nov 22, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This is the best fish oil I've ever tried. In fact this is the only real fish oil I've seen in the market. It is food grade, it doesn't need to be purified. Don't worry about low epa and dha, they are marketing tricks of low quality producers.

GREAT PRODUCT!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I love this product. I've been looking to take fish oil for a while now, and I've been a fan of New Chapter and I was not disappointed. I love these softgels. You can take them even on an empty stomach and what's best, you don't repeat as much. I Love them!

Wholemega in mega dose

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 07, 2010 | Verified Purchase

My doctor advised that I double my omega intake. I am having some cholesterol "issues" and refuse to try the statins again. This is easy to take and there are no "fish burps" or nasty aftertaste.

no back up

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 01, 2010 | Verified Purchase

great product. no fish taste. great combo of oils

Totally Awesome!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 08, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I switched from taking Krill oil to this Wild Caught Salmon Oil and it has really help with my severe menstral pain. This is a wonderful product and I will continue to take it. Thanks to IHerb for keeping thier prices so reasonable.

Good stuff!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 22, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I don't think 10 days went by before I was already noticing a huge improvement in my knees and other achey joints. Will have to wait to see the results in labwork. I was so delighted at work that 2 coworkers started on it too.

not just another fish oil

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 19, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This is the best product in it's class. It comes highly recommended by my physician

Helps with blood sugar control

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 17, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I am a type 2 diabetic and my blood sugar was too high despite taking 3 prescription medications. I started taking this along with a product called Blood Sugar High from Crystal Star, and Glucofit by Now Foods, and my blood sugars are now in the 90 - 100 range when fasting. I was even able to stop taking one of the prescription medications for blood sugar.

Terrible Fish Burps and Epigastric pain

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 26, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I've taken many different types of Fish Oil, and have never had such bad indigestion as I have had with these. Will never buy again.