Powerful, but. . .

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 16, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I think this is an excellent product, but it is extremely powerful and I wish it came with more comprehensive information about safe and proper usage. Most of what I found online emphasizes benefits but did not discuss side effects/risks or ways to reduce or avoid irritation. I recommend this product, but with the following caveat: Get ahold of a copy of the (I think) out of print book "The Cure Is in the Cupboard" which discusses dosing and applications. It still downplays potential side effects (written by seller) but is extremely helpful. I recommend getting both the lower potency (not super strength) AND this super strength one and experimenting with different applications. You may find that you prefer/tolerate the lower strength better for some applications and reserve the higher potency for stronger needs or for internal usage in caps (goes further). One note, you can put a few drops in an empty gelatin capsule and take during/after meals rather than putting under tongue or drinking as the manufacturer directs, to reduce potential for irritation. I prefer this after trying various means. I do highly recommend for tooth and gum issues, but it can cause teeth sensitivity in super strength. 1-2 drops on gauze and left on tooth, changed a few times a day. After any acute situation is under control, you might want to switch to lower strength. Fewer side effects such as nerve irritation, shooting pains (neuralgia type), tooth sensitivity, etc. Unexpected benefits and side effects included more energy, mental clarity, and drastically decreased appetite, more stable blood sugar. In sum, extremely powerful and effective antimicrobial that works really well. Awesome product, but very powerful.

Love this product.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 24, 2009 | Verified Purchase

For brown spots on skin, I put 1 drop Oreganol and 1 drop olive oil on a band-aid and covered the spot. After many days, the brown spot lightened until it is almost skin colored again

North American Herb & Spice Co., Oregano Oil P73 Super Strrength

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 30, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Absolutely marvellous NATURAL medicinal remedy from the oregano herb, I always have a bottle with me wherever I go. Amazing for a multitude of problems in the body from head to toe, fungal infections, digestive problems, insect bites and stings, eczma, warts, verrucas, cuts, cold sores, sinusitis, anti plaque, gum infections and abcesses, candida and many many more. A superb must read book is "The Cure is in the Cupboard" by Dr Cass Ingram (how to use oregano for better health). It really is my health bible.

Best for fighting infections and for MOUTH PAIN TOO

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 04, 2008 | Verified Purchase

one drop on an aching tooth or one that has had surgery and VOILA! No more pain-is more potent than morphine and kills all bacterial, viral,fungla and parasitic infections. I fill an empty capsule with the oil and take 2 twice a day for infections, upping it to three times a day if it's a bad infection (like pnuemonia).

Closest thing to a cure-all you can get!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 05, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Oreganol P73 is a real blessing. I have been on it for 6 years now and haven't been to the doctor since. I take 2-3 drops a day maintenance and 4-6 drops a day if I feel something is trying to make me sick. I never get bronchitis or sinus infections anymore and my asthma is gone. No more chronic fatigue syndrome either. I really believe in this product and iHerb was great and delivered it really fast. Oreganol P73 (researched and tested) is one of the most powerful anti-fungal, anti-biotics and anti-virals on the natural remedy market. I would recommend this product to anyone, anywhere and anytime. I even give it to my children (smaller dose!). It got rid of my daughter's scarlet fever and that is one stubborn staph infection!

dangerous for me

Posted by bobbienorthern on Sep 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have to learn to be more careful of what I buy. I am highly allergic to this and almost had to go to the hospital because my entire body started itching and swelling up and I even had trouble breathing and felt like I was going to die. I loaded myself with antihistamines and used my inhalers quite often and now I am back to normal and it took about six to seven days to get back pretty much to normal. I had to throw it out because it is so strong it smelled up the fridgerator and kept messing up my breathing just by smealling it. It really is potent but almost killed me.

Excellent Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 03, 2010 | Verified Purchase

My husband used it on the parasite/fungal rashes on his legs and it cleared it up whereas the tea tree oil was not having any effect. Just wish the price was a little more affordable. Even with iherb's great pricing it still works out expensive to do an internal cleanse since I am currently using it with a candida protocol-hence the 4 stars instead of 5.

Very powerful remedy!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 10, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I was feeling helpless as I was trying so many creams and lotions for the breakouts I had on my face. I also had some pre cancerous lesions on my forehead which were getting worse. I ordered this product after reading all the good reviews. I applied several drops on my face and it stung quite a bit. I also took several drops under my tongue. My body went into detox by getting a bad cold which lasted 5 days. I continued to proceed even though I did not feel good. After a week, I felt much better and my face gradually got clearer to the point everyone noticed a big difference. It's been 5 weeks and I plan on continuing my treatment. My face now barely stings, just a couple of spots. I also suffer with sinus problems and now I am able to breathe once again through my nose rather than just my mouth. I am also using the oil of oregano lotion. I've been teased that I smell spicy after the application. But if it works, I plan on continuing my treatment.

Product Review

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 21, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Oreganol P73 has surpassed my expectation. 10 days after i started using this product for chronic swelling in my neck lymph nodes the swelling has disappeared and chronic pain is gone, it cured my constant nasal backdrip also. My digestion is better and i am having more energy.It is nature's remarkable infection fighter without any doubt. Great product.

Best natural antiseptic

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 31, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Can be used in a variety of situations as a first class antiseptic. However it does not protect you from seasonal flu, it is not enough to be used as a sole measure against flu, I am saying from personal experience, I used it for a month and got a bad flu at the end. It may help though to overcome the flu faster. I give it occasionally to the kids also, but they don't like its taste.