Opposite effects

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 29 2016 | Verified Purchase

5htp is verg unpredictable as you can see from many peoeples reviews I took it for the serotonin (happy feeling) and to sleep. Tried a lot of different dosages , bought a lot of bottles . I couldnt sleep and felt.more anxious almost any time. When i completely cut it, i was way much better and i could sleep mofe easily.

Not all 5HTP products created equal

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 11 2011 | Verified Purchase

I experienced great results with another brand of 5HTP made by Biovea (slow release) and thought it wouldn't hurt to try the Now brand for a better price but this product gave me the worst anxiety ever!!! And headaches to boot! The anxiety and migraines were why I was taking 5HTP in the first place. 5HTP is natural but not a supplement to mess around with as it's working on your brain. There is no system of standardisation for supplements unlike. I guess there is no system of standardisation of ingredients in one brand of supplements to the next. I'm really pleased it worked for all the people who have reviewed it positively, but I had some pretty nasty side effects.

Worsen

Posted by energyguy on July 14 2015 | Verified Purchase

Bought this to help with anxiety problem but ended up with serotonin syndrome : rapid heart rate, heavy sweating, shivering. Stop taking.

Didn't help me

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 10 2013 | Verified Purchase

I am looking for something to help me fall asleep and stay asleep through the night. I am sorry to say this is not the product. I first took 50 mg with no results. Then I tried 100 mg and finally 150 mg, but my sleep was not affected. I will have to keep looking for something that works for me.

ineffective brand for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 14 2014 | Verified Purchase

5HTP reliably gives me a quick mood boost, a real saver many times as I'm often low in serotonin. Unfortunately I saw no benefits from this product in particular though I appreciate Now Foods. Best results I've had with Natrol Time Release.

Unsure

Posted by forthefirstimeinforever on February 8 2014 | Verified Purchase

I took a tablet when I was feeling down/stressed and it didn't have much effect or rather give me more stress/anxiety. I'm taking himalaya stress free supplements too and was test trying both supplements to see which one has a better effect on me. This doesn't work as well as the herbal supplements, in which I have seen drastic improvement in my mood. I might try this again once I can manage my depression after finishing my two months supply of himalaya stress free supplement to give an unbiased review. Will update again after 2mths.

Made me nervous and jittery

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 10 2016 | Verified Purchase

Did not help me relax and got my body all tense and tired due to a bigger lack of sleep after consuming this product.

effect is not significant

Posted by runsiman on July 3 2012 | Verified Purchase

effect is not significant

From Finland

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 6 2012 | Verified Purchase

The product did not work for me.