Great product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 11 2010 | Verified Purchase

I bought 5HTP to calm my nerves and hopefully get a decent night sleep. Ar first, I was confused whether to take it at night or in the morning. After trying both times, I discovered it was best to take at night, get a great night sleep and still be somewhat calm during the following day. The bonus is it stopped my nervous eating habits.

worth every penny and then some

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 31 2009 | Verified Purchase

I am so very grateful I found this product! Severe PMDD was completly ruining my life for 2-3 weeks every single month. I turned into a complete emotional wreck, touchy about every little thing, angry beyond belief and super depressed! I started taking just 50mg right at bedtime and what a huge difference! I feel so much more sane and in control. As a matter of fact, my fiancee did not even realize what part of my cycle I was in until I mentioned it to him!

5-HTP

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 26 2010 | Verified Purchase

This is helpful for brain function and mood improvement. I tolerate this brand well. I was not able to use some other forms of 5-HTP.

Mental Health and Sleeplessness

Posted by herbalturtle on June 16 2012 | Verified Purchase

This supplement helps me balance out mentally when I am feeling blue for no reason. Also helps when I occasionally have trouble sleeping. Great for balancing out the seratonin levels. I don't take it all the time, just when I feel I need it.

Very good quality

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 15 2008 | Verified Purchase

I used to use this, my wife does now. It's a very high quality 5HTP and does what it should. I can't take it anymore due to lower GI difficulties caused by it, but I do recommend it if one doesn't have that problem. Of all the 5HTP products, this IMO is the best value.

Very effective

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 25 2013 | Verified Purchase

I don't know that it has worked as an appetite suppressant, but it has definetly helped me to be in a calm state and help with my anxiety. No side effects that I noticed. I take mine in the morning, since it doesn't seem to make me sleep.

Helps in my insomnia

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 21 2018 | Verified Purchase

I will have insomnia around 1 week before my period. This product does help me to go to sleep. However, it gives me very vivid dreams which is a side effect that I read about as well. ( I can't describe it but the dreams are different from normal times in terms of clarity , not content). Pro is that I don't find it addictive. After my menstruation period, my sleep cycle goes back to normal and i dont have to rely on it, compared to other sleep medication prescribed by doctor which i had taken before where the body develops tolerance. I alternate this with taking melatonin, and GABA

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 22 2018 | Verified Purchase

This one is good and working.

It helped the first time

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 5 2018 | Verified Purchase

I have anxiety disorder, when I took one pill the first time before bed, the effect was like taking xanax, it shut down my thoughts and relaxed me. But that was just the first time, since I tried to increase the dosage, took it at different time, but nothing helped. I stopped taking it because I don’t know how to get the same effect as the first time.

bought it for sleep problems

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 17 2017 | Verified Purchase

Im not sure if this helps, others have told me it's good for sleep problems , haven't been taking it long enough perhaps.

1 2 3