Recommended by my doctor

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 19, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have been struggling with Fibromyalgia for 6 years. I have tried every medication on the market for Fibro and they have either not worked at all or worked for a short time and then stopped. My primary care doctor has been taking classes on homeopathic remedies and suggested that I give Ashwagandha a try. My main symptoms with my Fibro are pain and fatigue. She said that Ashwagandha is reported to help with pain, fatigue and anxiety, she also said to give it several months to see how effective it really is since herbs take a little longer to have an effect than medications. I have only been taking Ashwagandha for 3 weeks now, but I do feel less fatigue throughout the day so far. I am taking 450mg 3 times a day per my doctors recommendation. I will continue to use Ashwagandha and I have had no side effects that I am aware of.

Great herb

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 17, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Gives energy in the morning and in the evening helps me to get some sleep. Great adaptogen! If you liked this review please click "YES" below. See more reviews on my profile!

good product.

Posted by RhondiLynne on Dec 24, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Just started getting this for my husband. He can tell a difference in his sex drive , for the better.

Subtle

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 13, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking this along with a multivitamin for over a year and notice that I can remain calm in difficult situations.

Ashwagandha

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 20, 2010 | Verified Purchase

it does help me relax and sleep better.

ashwagandha

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 25, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Nice product. I felt it right away. I don't have to sleep in as much to feel rested. I wake up with more energy.

Night time version of ginseng

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 03, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Similar to ginseng but doesn't keep you awake at night. Effects are most noticable after a few days of steady use.

Good stuff for easing anxiety

Posted by nmbenzo on Feb 24, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is my first experience with ashwagandha usage. I have been taking the NOW brand for about three months and I can say with confidence that I feel less stressed throughout the day and that I am sleeping better. The effect is very subtle (1 capsules x 3 times a day). I actually get an increase in energy with out the jolt of a cup of espresso, and also a sense of calmness. Currently, I work with young kids, and I've noticed I don't get as stressed out with them as I did previously. Again, it's not going to be like taking a xanex, but it does have an effect.

Keeping calm

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 14, 2010 | Verified Purchase

My doctor suggested I take Ashwagandha as I was experiencing a lot of workplace stress. I have to say that I have been very pleased with them as they seem to keep the stress at a manageable level.

Ashwagandha Helps relieve Depression and Stress

Posted by KiMaLi on Mar 14, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Description •Ayurvedic Adaptogen •Standardized Extract •Helps Body Adapt to Stress •Immune System Support •GMP Quality Assured •A Dietary Supplement •Vegetarian Formula Ashwagandha (withania somnifera) is an herb that is extensively used in Ayurveda, the traditional health care system in India. Ashwagandha is used as a general tonic and “adaptogen”, helping the body adapt to stress. In addition, Ashwagandha has been shown to possess significant antioxidant activity as well as an ability to support a healthy immune system. I have used this product to help relieve my cases of mild depression and stress. The only reason I quit using it is because one of the side effects is weight gain and who needs that! The product itself was helpful however and did meet the claims of helping to relieve stress. If you found this review useful please click the yes button. If you purchase 40.00 of products you will receive free shipping.