Great multi-purpose Calcium Supplement!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 03, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have done a lot of research on Calcium, and half the supplements out there aren't readily absorbed and useable by our body. This supplement, made with Hydroxyapatite, is of the same structure of teeth and bones (a mineral of Calcium and Phosphorus) and is almost entirely bio-available. My daughter, whose teeth erupted with Enamel Hypoplasia (due to my calcium deficiency as I was nursing) and had small caries- has seen almost complete remineralization and HEALING since I started taking the supplement and used it on her teeth. As these are easily opened capsules I would sprinkle a little on her toothbrush and brush her teeth with this and a good anti-bacterial fluoride-free toothpaste (I like Weleda Calendula Toothpaste) I feel great! I also take this with Extra Virgin Organic Coconut oil and Caprylic Acid as these facilitate Calcium and Magnesium absorption.

A Brilliant Formula!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 21, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis and bone spurs in my neck, ruptured discs, and degenerative disc disease from the top of my spine to the bottom. I'm also menopausal, so I need calcium. I've tried a lot of high-quality calcium supplements and formulas. All of them gave me tight muscles and made my pain so bad that I couldn't take them. For years now I've only been able to take Magnesium Malate for my bones and pain. UNTIL I tried Bone Strength! With this supplement, my pain has actually improved about 80%. This is a brilliant formula! Wish I could give it 10 stars.

Now foods, Bone Strength....

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 30, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Not too long ago I ordered Now Foods, Bone strength and Myrhha oil whith is good for gums and the immune system. My back tooth was hurting bad so I went to the dentist and he wanted to pull it as there wasn't much bone left anyway. I said no, came home ordered those two products and hoped for the best. Now three weeks later it doesn't hurt anymore and I'm praying that it's possible for the tooth bone to grow back. The dentist did give me a perscription for anti biotic which obviously got rid of the infection. Now it's wait and see before I go back to the dentist to get another x ray. So far everything seems normal. I am 72 years old. Virginia

Excellent multimineral formula

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 28, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Good multimineral with MCHA (microcrystalline hydroxyapatite) forms of minerals, a well-absorbed type bound with phosphorus and similar to the type of calcium found in bones. Bone Strength is the same formula as Doctor's Trust Bone Builder with Boron. Since it contains some glucosamine, it is an excellent mineral supplement for those with arthritis and other painful joint conditions.. Now Bone Strength and Now Full Spectrum Mineral Caps are my favorite multivitamins. Bone Strength contains an approx 3:2 ratio of calcium to magnesium while Full Spectrum Mineral Caps contains a 1:1 ratio, but does not contain glucosamine. Either one is excellent.

Awesome

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 08, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I'm a 46yr old menopausal female with Rheumatoid Arthritis. I was very active in martial arts, rollerblading, hiking until a fatal knee injury changed my life. The pain was so bad I could hardly move at times. With a healthy diet, exercise, and the appropriate mineral and vitamins, I'm well on my way to recovery. This product works better than straight up calcium to alleviate my pain and my joints are way more flexible. I was told I would never ride a bike, squate again. I do both and, thanks to this product, I can actually get my knee into full Yoga pose now. I've been taking this product for three weeks - I can't wait to see what my results are three months from now!!

This product is amazing

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 23, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I am a 38 y/o woman who was born with severe scoliosis, I had to wear a back brace until I stopped growing (age 16), spine did straighten up, but after years of not doing any sort of chiropractic or anytime of treatment, I was back into really bad shape (32). I discoved chiropractic and I am happy to report that the results I have had, although slow in progress have been much more sucessful then surgery. I started taking this supplemt of my chiropractor after an episode of problems in my lower back, near my hips, the worst place of my curve where my discs are almost touching. Thru studying past xrays, and an MRI, we noticed the beginings of arthritis and degeneration had slowly gotten worse. I started Bone Strenghth for a couple of reasons: 1st, to help prevent or slow down further degeneration, I don't eat lots of dairy and I am female, so calcium is important. 2nd, to ease some of the day to day pain. The magnesium in here makes a differnce. Since taking this, my hair is growing out of control and for the 1st time in my life, my nails keep growing and they are no longer brittle. I don't even take the full dose, but I am sure it is helping. I don't take any sort of prescription pain meds or anything like that and I probably never will. I just eat good, excerise and take care of myself and this product has helped my spine get stronger. I have far less pain in my hips then I did before starting this product, and my curve down there hasn't gotten any straighter. Scoliosis if left untreated can lead to all sorts of health problems and early arthritis is just one of them. This does work if you give it a shot and are consistant with it.

Highly recommended

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 01, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I would never take any other form of calcium, as this one is highly absorbable. I have used this form of mycrocrystalline calcium for over 10 years, during which time I went through menopause and take a daily inhaled steroid for asthmas, both of which are triggers for osteoporosis. But a bone density scan revealed that my bone density actually improved during this period.

Great ingredients...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 06, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Used to buy Planetary Herbals Calcium & Magnesium but I liked the ingredients in this better. Plus I love so many products from Now Foods, so i figured I couldn't go wrong. Seems to work fine. Helps with period cramps--try this instead of pain relievers.

Reverse Ostopenia

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 06, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This product has reversed my wife's ostopenia. After six months of taking Now Foods bone strength, her bone density scan results showed no bone loss!

They Got It Right

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 25, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have always had issues w/ muscle cramps and spasms whenever I've taken any kind of calcium bone supplement, even when the formulation was combined w/ magnesium and a multitude of other bone supporting minerals. This is the ONLY supplement of this type that has not caused me *any* muscle cramps or spasms, and I thank the other reviewer for her comments on this very issue and how she has also avoided cramping with this formulation and the reason I decided to try it. It has to be the derivation from MCHA that is doing the trick. I take this along w/ Ipraflavone (NOW brand), which supports bone density & calcium metabolism and is doctor-recommended. I also include Vit D-3 (5,000 IU/day) w/ largest meal, Boron and additionally include Biosil and horsetail for the silica (I recall a doctor's comment once that stated "No silica.. no bone" and I never forgot it). It also supports skin, hair and nails, so all are a win-win. I also occasionally take Strontium.