Now Foods, CLA, 800 mg, 180 Softgels

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 06, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I've lost 2 sizes using CLA--haven't dieted or exercised--just used this and Citrimax. I'm very happy with the results. Scale hasn't gone down much--but the clothing size has, and that's what I care about!

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Apr 23, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) is a healthy fatty acid that is used to be commonly found in meat and dairy from animals that are gras s fed. However, modern animal farm deprives the animals of gras s (source of CLA) therefore CLA is found at very low amounts in the meat products. CLA is known for being anti cancer, anti inflammatory, stabilising insulin and blood sugar level, protects against cardiovascular diseases, reduce high blood pres sure, improve HDL to LDL cholesterol level, immune boosting and mostly known for weight los s and pro moting lean muscle. The softgel is made of gelatin (not for vegetarian), not too big and easy to swallow. The suggested dose is 3 softgels 1-2 times daily (2.4g – 4.8g). Personally, I take 2 softgels 2 times daily and did not really feel any weight los s effect by the time I finish. I am quite lean, just trying to bust the little bit of stubborn fat around my tummy so it’s probably why it works different for people. Actually, the study that shows CLA contributes to weight los s have the participants taking more than 3 g daily for a year in order to achieve 2-4 pounds of weight los s without changing lifestyle. Pricewise, it is not expensive (based on 3 softgels or 2 months supply). However, I think this can be quite costly for a very small amount of results. You can probably achieve better results by changing lifestyles such as exercising more, eating les s carbohydrate rich food etc. Check out my page for more reviews!

Great Value

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 06, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Since taking CLA I have been able to keep the wieght down. You have to give CLA some time to work. It can take a month or two to start kicking in and you have to stay on it !!!!

Excellent

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I've been taking these for a couple of weeks and like them a lot. They reduce my apatite while giving me a touch of energy. One warning: I find the advised dose to be a bit much as it makes me feel rather queasy to take all three pills, especially if I'm also taking a multi vitamin. You will need to experiment to find the dose that works best for you.

Awesome!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 22, 2007 | Verified Purchase

This is one of the best products I have ever taken. It increases your energy level, and causes you to not feel hungary.

Powerful with right diet

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 08, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I'm taking 4 pills a day, and wow! These pills combined with low carb diet I have lost several kilograms in few weeks! Thumbs up!

I have actually lost some fat

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I gained some fat when I went on the Schwarzbein Principle diet, which is normal - you need to gain fat initially while your adrenals heal, and once they are healed the fat comes off again. But since I began taking the CLA twice daily on an empty stomach I have noticed my clothes fitting a little looser. It's subtle. I don't weigh myself so I can't say how much weight I lost, but there's been a drop in fat.

Maybe it works, not for me!

Posted by TrueReviews on May 28, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I used this product for over 2 months and I cannot say that it has worked for me. I think that it may work if you exercise at the same time and watch what you eat, then maybe it facilitates weight loss. Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

No results here

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 28, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I started taking taking this about a month ago, together with NOW Foods Super Citrimax, but have seen no noticeable results, so I will not be reordering it. I think it may have helped me not over-eat at a meal, and may have kept me full for a time after eating, but not noticeable enough to make it worth buying again. I've actually gained weight since taking this product, but it could be due to other factors.

Try it!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 26, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I take 2 softgels of NOW CLA along with 2 capsules NOW Supercitrimax 30 minutes before breakfast and lunch. Have lost 5 pounds in 3 weeks without exercise. CLA is very beneficial to your health. I highly recommend it.