Surprisingly difficult to stomach

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 12 2009 | Verified Purchase

I bought this product as part of my heavy metal detox regime. I’m known for having an iron stomach, but I could not keep this chorella down. It made me sick and nauseous.

Made me sick

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 18 2012 | Verified Purchase

Awful taste that is impossible to hide in a smoothie. After i got really ill the second time and vomited for hours I stopped taking it. I've never tried chlorella before so I can't really have an opinion of how it should taste or how you you're supposed to feel. It might be that I'm sensitive to chlorella in general for all I know. On the upside I lost some weight really quick;-) /Mike

Tastes terrible

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 15 2011 | Verified Purchase

I couldnt stand the taste of the powder form, capsules or pills are way better! Nothing wrong with the product though.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 30 2011 | Verified Purchase

I would never recomend this, it tastes and smell like a farm. I have tried many brands, and non of them is even close to this awful taste. The texture of the powder is also completely different from other brands. Very dissapointing.

product review

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 21 2008 | Verified Purchase

I am sensitive to tastes and this product is very fishy tasting, I would like to know what your return policy is, thanks

This product has questionable features.

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 25 2017 | Verified Purchase

When I received the product, the bottle was partially unscrewed and some of the powder had spilled out. Following standard precautions about not to consume a product from an unsealed container, I wrote Now Foods for an explanation and to let them know about my concern. Their reply was reasonably fast. They assured me that the spillage was normal due to perforations that they make in the internal seal but that, due to the partially opened bottle, the quality could have been affected. They recommended that I notify Iherb about the problem for and to request a replacement. I sent the Now Foods letter to Iherb without results. So, I was unable to use the Now Foods chlorella, for safety reasons. In conclusion, I don't know how good or bad Now Foods organic chlorella is, but I do know that their packaging for this product is defective. I lost my money. This does not preclude me from ordering again from Iherb, since my net experience with the company has been favorable, notwithstanding the risks.

from china?

Posted by my-opinion-moji-utisci on May 6 2017 | Verified Purchase

...wont buy again

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 14 2018 | Verified Purchase

Found out this Chlorella is from China and after doing research it is the most contaminated source of Chlorella with arsenic, lead and aluminium.