help moderately (but gassy)

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 25, 2010 | Verified Purchase

1. it seems to help mildly for me. 2. it tastes faintly sweet & pleasant. 3. it causes gas (odorless tho). 4. it does not mention he source of inulin.

Be careful with this product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Taking one level teaspoon during the day as directed on the label gave me a bout of incessant burping and intestinal gas beginning at two o'clock in the morning. The gas seems to originate in the small intestines and the discomfort had me pacing the downstairs for three hours until it eventually subsided. Better to take one-fourth teaspoon or less and not every day.

Contains sugar, and no assay

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 20, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I'm trying to cut my sugar consumption without resorting to synthetic sweetener chemicals. So I use powdered inulin (FOS) to cut powdered stevia in order to make a healthier alternative sweetener. So the presence of fructose in this product is highly undesirable. Also keep in mind that it is a highly processed product made in a manufacturing plant. Rating would be higher if label contained assay to reveal its purity.

Not bad

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 26, 2007 | Verified Purchase

This is healthy and a good sweetener for coffee. But it has an unusual texture and doesn't dissolve well, so I don't recommend it to eat straight, by the spoon. Overall, I prefer the Jarrow Formulas InulinFOS.

Clumps a bit

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 01, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Sweet flavor, not always desirable in plain water, but not a deal breaker. Clumps when stirring into water, needs a minute or two to dissolve completely.

Seems to be helping

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 14, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Hard to say it probably takes a while to see benefits. I haven't used 1/2 the bottle yet.

Tastes weird but it seems to work

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 28, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Title says it all. The weird rubbery taste can be muted when mixed with flavorful beverage. And the powder is more powdery than what I was used to. Keep away from humidity because it will melt... overall okay product.

I have only been taking this powder for about 12 days, so the jury is still out on its effectiveness for me.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 20, 2017 | Verified Purchase

So far I'm still evaluating its efficacy after about 12 days and have had varying results.

Now Foods Inulin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 13, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I hoped this product would improve taste and texture of my boring healthy smoothies. Now Foods Inulin has a smooth sweet taste, but it and doesn't dissolve well. Furthermore, it is thin and it does not provide a creamy smoothie texture.

inuline

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 02, 2014 | Verified Purchase

on ne sent pas son goût quand on la mélange à une boisson mais quelques heures après son ingestion, on sent que ça travaille et qu'il faut rester à proximité des toilettes...

1 2