Good, but...

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 24 2010 | Verified Purchase

My husband and I love the flavor of this grain and have always been happy with NOW products. This time, however, we are sorry to report that in two out of three of the bags of quinoa we found tiny rock-like crystals that could be very damaging to teeth. I rinsed the product, as suggested, but was unable to find the crystals, as they are very small and translucent. Otherwise, this stuff is delicious and especially healthy when cooked with turmeric and drizzled with extra virgin olive oil prior to serving.

there were ROCKS in my quinoa!! :-(

Posted by IHeartIHerb on June 30 2013 | Verified Purchase

i love quinoa but will buy another brand next time. the grain itself tasted fine but there were tiny gritty rocks particles throughout. i made it as a semolina replacement for a gluten-free north african couscous dinner and what a disaster! soooo unpleasant that every third chew produced that icky painful grit feeling. like having sand in your food. luckily i didn't break any teeth or fillings! YUCK!!!

Great Health Food!

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 20 2008 | Verified Purchase

Quinoa is easy to make, many possibilities with spices/ veggie ingredients, and very tasty. Its kind of a cross between brown rice and couscous. Just be sure and get it off the heat before it overcooks. You'll love it!

Good Stuff!

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 21 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is my first time cooking & eating Quinoa. I read about it on the web somewhere and when I was shopping on iherb for something else, found it. Hooray, my options in Georgia were limited. I cooked a cup of it with a some diced onion & 1/2 clove of minced garlic. The instructions on the bag could be a little more specific as to proportion of Quinoa and amount of water to use. Other than that, terrific product. iherb delivers, again!

These are a staple

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 23 2008 | Verified Purchase

I keep these in the rotation which includes amaranth, buckwheat groats, wild (purple) rice, millet, & barley. I give the seeds a rinse, pick out any debris, and then soak them for at least several hours before cooking them. I put bee pollen, maca powder, hemp seeds, chia seeds, cinnamon, and flax seeds on top. Also a dab of yogurt. I sweeten it all with xylitol or agave nectar. I am not too keen on the taste of stevia.

From Bulgaria

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 26 2011 | Verified Purchase

Wowww i like this food a lot.Very delicious and healthy food. :)

Quinoa is Quinoa, and Quinoa is a super food

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 21 2011 | Verified Purchase

Quinoa is Quinoa, and Quinoa is a super food. Quinoa takes on the flavor of whatever you add it to. Healthy (nutritional value and fiber!) and the taste is consistent, and cooks up just like rice. I can't tell the difference in the red or the organic, maybe the red and darker have a slight nutty taste that this organic quinoa doesn't.

Above average quality

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 17 2012 | Verified Purchase

This quinoa from Now Foods was really good, one of the best ones I've tried! Quinoa doesn't differ too much from producer to producer, but this contained no stones, wasn't too dusty and tasted really good. I recommend this product!

Better than rice

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 13 2009 | Verified Purchase

I like this grain, and Kaiser tells me that it is good for you. I add a teaspoon each of Curry powder and sugar for flavor.

Now Foods, Quinoa, Certified Organic, 16 oz

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 14 2008 | Verified Purchase

I am allergic to gluten, so Quinoa is a great substitute in place of grains which have gluten.