Much better results than other Gaba products

Posted by NBPT10 on March 31 2017 | Verified Purchase

I had someone with extreme anxiety try this product and it does takes the edge off. Earlier we have been using the Natural Factors Pharma Gaba product because it claims to cross the blood brain barrier better than conventional gaba. After going through a bottle of the NOW product I feel this is more effective. I know the conventional wisdom believes that gaba does not cross the Blood Brain Barrier very well. But, I will say this product does work noticeably better than any other gaba product we have tried. As others have said here, it is a good idea to let them dissolve in your mouth and try to absorb as much as possible sub lingually. It should be noted that these chewable wafers also contain Theanine, Inostitol and Taurine. There may be some interaction with these that makes the gaba more effective. The Theanine and Taurine are amino acids that are known to help with relaxation and are more effective when taken on an empty stomach. Inostitol is part of the B vitamin family and aids in relaxation. I also like that NOW sweetens the wafers with xylotol and not sugar. I like this product and give it 5 stars for being even somewhat effective in a product category where very few products work consistently and thoroughly. There are no guarantees that this will help but it is worth trying a bottle before you try other more expensive products. If you found this review helpful kindly click the YES button. You can visit my iHerb home page for more value added reviews and money saving information. Peace and good health!

Works!

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 2 2012 | Verified Purchase

I tried these after going through two bottles of Natural Factors. I love that they don't contain sugar, but the taste is pretty jarring. Not terrible though - and let's face it -- supplements shouldn't taste like candy! I actually thought this product worked better than the Natural Factor chewables -- it definitely does the job. I take them whenever I am especially stressed out -- they're my secret weapon when it comes to flying on a plane!

great GA BA

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 30 2011 | Verified Purchase

It was my first time trying this brand and formulation of GABA, and it seems to work as well as the sublingual I was using before. I like the orange flavor, at first it had a weird smell/taste, but I didnt even notice it now and i really like it. Really helps with anxiety and relaxation. Fast acting, and a good price!

Works Great!

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 18 2011 | Verified Purchase

This was the first GABA product I've tried and it really works well for me. I take it 1/2 hour before bedtime with Melatonin and it has made a huge improvement in my sleep.

Gaba, nice taste and high dose

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 17 2014 | Verified Purchase

Awesome gaba.. Calming but not sedating. Tastes great although bit large for kids. It does break down easily and mix with juice for the kids without bad side effects. No tyrosine in here either, if u buy product with tyrosine and u already have high dopamine levels you can have hypers or headaches etc. but this one is not carrying too. Many extra not needed ingredients. My third bottle so far and be back for more, scientists reckon this doesn't cross your brain blood barrier but it calms somehow.

Fibromyalgia/Chemotherapy Sleep Disorder

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 1 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have multiple chronic sleep disorders caused by fibromyalgia and residual effects from chemotherapy. On advice of a practitioner, I use a number of supplements aimed at various disorders, but GABA seems the most effective for helping me to fall asleep. I eat 2 NOW GABA chewables at bedtime, allowing the broken pieces to linger under my tongue for a few minutes before swallowing. I use Superior Source 100 mg sub-lingual GABA when I awake during the night: I don't usually need a higher dose at that time. It has a mild flavor and doesn't require chewing, so isn't disruptive to slip under the tongue. Leave one tablet on the nightstand, for easy access in the dark. http://www.iherb.com/Superior-Source-GABA-100-mg-100-MicroLingual-Instant-Dissolve-Tablets/42415 REMEMBER to NOT expose yourself to light during your period of rest, as it disrupts the pineal gland's ability to create melatonin. Avoid turning on the lights, when possible. For daytime stress, I am addressing high cortisol and blood sugar issues. (When I tried the chewable GABA during daytime, I developed mouth sores.)

Great tasting product

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 5 2011 | Verified Purchase

I've used this product for stress and anxiety and it works. The tablets dissolve quickly in your mouth and taste great. I also like the fact that Theanine is also included in this product.

Natural calming effect!

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 21 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is good tasting chewable GABA tablet that naturally calms your nerves with no ill side effects.

Great product!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 30 2011 | Verified Purchase

I had been looking for this product and I am glad I found it on iherb. The product does what it says it will do. Although I'm not able to take it on an empty stomach I still get benifits from taking it after the meal.

Best product of Now Foods

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 22 2016 | Verified Purchase

I ten to wake up at midnight and normally I can't go back to sleep again. However if I chew one Now Food's GABA tablet I fall back to sleep quickly and sleep like a rock for a few hours! The recommended dose for this product is two tablets but I have learned by experience that one tablet works better in terms of sleeping. Now Foods has other GABA products which are good to keep you calm but this one is something else.

1 2