Seems to work but with a cost

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 23 2016 | Verified Purchase

After about 2 weeks I felt a bit sharper in the mind and less affected by tiredness from lack of sleep. However when stopping taking it I felt quite groggy and tired worse than before I started. With further research I suggested that taking this makes your body take its choline from this instead of from your food. So I'd be worried about taking it too long and then feeling groggy forever unless i take it again.

Dosage too high

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 20 2010 | Verified Purchase

Just got the side effects after one week of use; slight headache and stiffness around head and shoulders. I might try halving the dose somehow..don't know.

best

Posted by Elena1280324 on June 30 2012 | Verified Purchase

I use it together with Alpha Lipoic Acid, CoQ10 and collagen. I adhere to a rule that "the beauty begins from within". This complex allows me to support skin in an elastic, smooth condition, constrains emergence of wrinkles. It is convenient to use. Thanks.

It works!

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 6 2014 | Verified Purchase

It's still a strange supplement for me, Im still amazed of its effects. First I have to mention that I use this in a combo with Ginkgo Biloba, L-tyrosine and sometimes L-arginine too. I feel my mind more alive, sharper, think faster, also noticed a good mood and more energy. The bad part is that I feel I cant focus long time on the same thing, but my mind is running fast from one thing to another. Many some ppl dont enjoy this, but I dont complain, Im actually happy I got rid of my letargy. So, it's like a kind of hyperactivity which I like! I recommend!

Did nothing for brain or skin

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 8 2011 | Verified Purchase

Due to an illness, I have a hard time focusing and I have a hard time with memory so I thought I'd try this. I finished more than half the bottle and I saw no difference on the days I took the pills and the days I didn't. Plus, I really didn't notice any difference to my skin. Then I read that you should only take DMAE on the days you need it, not as a daily supplement, and since I saw no really help, I just called it quits for this one. I almost always start a product with the Now Foods brand cause I trust them cause I rarely get side effects from their products but I find that half the time their products do nothing for me but if I switch to another brand the supplement/vitamin really helps. So this may be one of the times, Now Foods isn't working for me.

Excellent product.

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 31 2011 | Verified Purchase

This product is excellent for those of us who have attention problems, ie. ADD, aspergers syndrome, etc. I use it in conjunction with ALA (sometimes RLA), inositol, pantothenic acid, ginko and ginseng.

returned product

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 22 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have had to return this product as it is not allowed into NZ without a doctor's prescription.

take with vitamin B6

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 21 2017 | Verified Purchase

In order to be used efficiently by your brain, you should take vitamin B6 with this product, this combo will increase your acetylcholine levels. Take MRM brand acetyl l carnitine with this DMAE, because it contains B6, and the acetyl part of the carnitine gets used in acetylcholine synthesis. Helped me greatly with exams.

Does the job

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 1 2016 | Verified Purchase

It does help with brain fog and makes it so easy to remember things and im not even taking it everyday

Great

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 8 2014 | Verified Purchase

Increases mind motivation and memory recall. I take it every day.