Caused a migraine which lasted for 3 days.

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 11 2012 | Verified Purchase

BEWARE - this product gave me a migraine which lasted 3 days. I researched the recommended dose, and found that studies suggest using less than HALF the recommended dose on the bottle.

Dosage too high

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 20 2010 | Verified Purchase

Just got the side effects after one week of use; slight headache and stiffness around head and shoulders. I might try halving the dose somehow..don't know.

Did nothing for brain or skin

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 8 2011 | Verified Purchase

Due to an illness, I have a hard time focusing and I have a hard time with memory so I thought I'd try this. I finished more than half the bottle and I saw no difference on the days I took the pills and the days I didn't. Plus, I really didn't notice any difference to my skin. Then I read that you should only take DMAE on the days you need it, not as a daily supplement, and since I saw no really help, I just called it quits for this one. I almost always start a product with the Now Foods brand cause I trust them cause I rarely get side effects from their products but I find that half the time their products do nothing for me but if I switch to another brand the supplement/vitamin really helps. So this may be one of the times, Now Foods isn't working for me.

returned product

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 22 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have had to return this product as it is not allowed into NZ without a doctor's prescription.

I Should Have Read The Comment

Posted by rose21 on January 12 2018 | Verified Purchase

I ordered because it was recommanded to me and a lot of positive comment. But when I read the low rated one, I found out that it was not recommended for schizophrenia. I use NAC in the same brand, very safe and recommended for this illness. I will give it propably to a friend

Spaced out and drowsy

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 4 2017 | Verified Purchase

I took this to find something to keep me alert and focused, but after taking just 1 pill I find that my motor control is a bit off and my mind works a little slower than I am used to. I do feel very sleepy after taking this and sort of spaced out. My thoughts are moving at a very slow pace, and the words are not coming to me as quickly as they used to. I am known to be an extremely fast thinker, and I speak at a pace of my thoughts.. meaning I basically run with my thoughts. But the way this medication numbs my brain is unbelievable. My review is to warn others of this potential side effect. I am having a lot of difficulties right now with word selection. I hope the effect will wear out. As the medication metabolizes.

Doesn't work for everyone!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 3 2017 | Verified Purchase

I was taking this supplement for 3 weeks and from the second week I started noticing that my migraine which used to suffer from approximately once per two months, has become more frequent. In 3 weeks I had 3 major migraine attacks and during the last week I had a headache everyday! I tried to figure out if anything has changed in my everyday routine and what is the reason for these frequent and horribly strong migraines and I realised that taking this supplement was the only thing that has changed. I rushed to the Internet to see if it has any side effects and indeed one of the side effects of it is migraine. Except that I've notices that I started to develop pimples on my face and chest. Since I've not noticed ANY positive effects I've stopped taking this supplement immediately. The pimples are fading and since then I had not have any headaches. There many supplements on the market that work well on memory , concentration and skin. So I would not advise you taking the risk.

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 22 2010 | Verified Purchase

Purchased as a choline source. Doesn't seem to have much effect on the 2pm low-energy state that raw eggs often ameliorate.

DMAE Not Useful for Age Spots

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 19 2010 | Verified Purchase

Got it for age spots but did not notice any reduction in the brown spots after two years of taking it. Quit buying it. Will go to a skin specialist to use IPL light treatment which is supposed to be the best method and very fast, one hour.

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 15 2008 | Verified Purchase

did not do anything for me

1 2