Say no to synthetic vitamin E

Posted by For-Better-Health-Reviews on May 23, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Vitamin E is essential for life. But the human body has no need for synthetic chemicals. And this is where the problem begins. Most of the scientific research into the effects of vitamins use synthetically made versions in their studies. Vitamin E is really a combination of eight different forms. There are four tocopherols and four tocotrienols. In nature, they occur together, and make up the most important chain-breaking fat-soluble antioxidant we have. You have more of the alpha tocopherol inside you than the other forms. But, you can’t just grab that, throw it in a vitamin and tell people that it’s “healthy.” These attempts to outsmart nature run into predictable problems. For example, only giving people the alpha tocopherol can make a lack of vitamin E worse. It will keep you from absorbing enough tocotrienols. And tocotrienols are the real workhorses of the vitamin E compounds. Tocotrienols have benefits that tocopherols don’t have. They give vitamin E its antioxidant punch. In fact, a new study shows gamma tocotrienol boosts your cells’ antioxidant strength by 300%. The trick to getting all the benefits of vitamin E is to get it as close to the form nature intended as possible. Make sure you’re not getting the synthetic version of only one form of vitamin E. Stay away from any vitamin E labeled d-alpha or especially dl-alpha tocopherol. The “dl” means it’s synthetic, and if it only contains “alpha-tocopherol, then it’s got only one of the eight forms.

Brilliant for prostate problems

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 09, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have tested this on my Dad and a friend, and it truly works for prostate problems. My Dad found relief noticeable by 2 weeks, and better after 3 weeks. My friend, who was crippled by pain ALL DAY, is now standing straight and going for walks, and not needing to go to the toilet as often. He has only been taking it for about 2 weeks and now has purchased 4 bottles himself!! Beats waiting years to have an operation here in Australia!!!

Now Foods, Gamma E Complex

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 12, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I have been using all of these products for Hasimoto's thyroiditis will excellent results. Labs are normal and symptoms are gone.

For me and my wife...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 24, 2014 | Verified Purchase

For me this supplement helps with my skin greatly, so much softer and smoother, better than anything you can add topically. My skin just looks much better overall in general. For my wife, she takes this to help combat high estrogen and PCOS, and it makes a good difference. It is one of the major parts of her treatment that allowed her to over come PCOS.

Kick off asma!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 02, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Asma no moooooooooooore! Very thanks iHerb !!!

Great price and works!

Posted by herbalturtle on Jun 17, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I take Vitamin E on and off to help with hormone balancing and keeping my skin soft from the inside out. Seems to help with preventing or fading brown spots.

The Best Vitamin E I have found!!! ♥♥♥ Click on my username for more reviews!

Posted by gettingwell on Jun 09, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This has the important tocopherols and tocotrenols. I'm not sure exactly what they do, but have read about how important they are. These are a brownish red capsule instead of the yellowish color. I won't buy anything else now.

complete E complex

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 17, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This really complete E complex has truly helped us be much heatlhier than when we took cheaper, simple E products. Since switching to this product a few years ago, my memory has been much sharper, among other benefits.

Great Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 07, 2008 | Verified Purchase

My skin is healing much faster than it did before I started taking this supplement

Best E Complex

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 03, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I was slightly perturbed by the assertion "first E complex not to contain GM derivates": I just ASSUMED health food supplements did not! In any case, this is the best balanced E complex I found on the International Market. I am using it to speed up recovery after an episode of DVT, but I am also seeing advantages in the condition of my skin.