Beware if you have hypertension issues!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

As of today there are 314 reviews for this product and not one mentioned that that it raised their blood pressure. I took it and immediately noticed that my blood pressure shot up. I researched this and in fact glucosamine sulfate supplements often contain potassium chloride or sodium chloride, which are salts. Beware if you have hypertension issues!

Helps my little problem in my knees immediately but it also raises blood pressure as well

Posted by JadeD-AB on Jun 01, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have occasional uncomfortable feelings, stiffness and sometimes even pains in both knees lately. My dietary has been unintentionally low in protein and it seemed to affect all my skin strength, hair thinning and joints. So I tried to take more protein and, in particularly, collagen supplement, at first. Other than the hair loss, everything had improvement, even though slowly. Then I started on this glocosamine, immediately my knees felt so free and no pain ever visited them since. However, I went to donate blood yesterday, my blood pressure has never shoot so high. So I came back to read more reviews and articles, this is the cause why I have this dizziness then, with 85% certainty. I got my mom on this together, she also mentioned that the doctor commented on her higher BP last time too. She and I always on low BP problem. I think if I am on my normal exercise routine I should be perfect to continue with this glucosamine. Or if you can sweat the salt in your body out, e.g. sauna or yoga, then its fine too, I guess. Otherwise, like my mom, I'll reduce this glucosamine and find something else for her. Hopefully my personal observation in this honest review would be helpful for others to take care of their own health.

This stuff works

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 31, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Upon my vet's recommendation I use one capsule daily for my Bichon. He's had leg and knee problems and since adding this powder he's had no problems whatsoever.

Glucosamine &Chrondroitin, Now Foods

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 30, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Keeps me moving at 76 yrs.

Good stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 12, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Really work could tell in a few days when I first got these and they still work. I take 2 every morning. Have been taking for 3 years my knees don't hurt or my pointer finger at the joint anymore. Do weights and dont' hurt joints.

No creaking here

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 30, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I often wonder how bad my joints would really be if I stopped taking this product - which is why I won't stop taking it.

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Jun 03, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This combination of glucosamine sulphate, chondroitin sulphate and MSM is the most common formula for joint problems. This synergy works because each ingredient compliments the others. Glucosamine helps to form and repair cartilage in the joint and is anti-inflammatory (reduce the pain and swelling). Chondroitin helps to give cartilage elasticity, lubricant the joints and is anti-inflammatory as well. MSM helps to strengthen the connective tissue in the joint. MSM also has high sulphur content which is also beneficial in other parts of our body like skin, hair, nails. The caps are made of gelatine (not for vegetarian), fairly large but still easy to swallow. The product does contain magnesium stearate. Whether there is any health effects from magnesium stearate like claimed, it is highly debateable. The suggested use is 3 capsules daily (60 days supply). As compared to other similar products, there are less glucosamine and MSM though you have to take 3 capsules. As for the price, this is reasonable but not cheapest, and this is made by a reputable company. Check out my page for more reviews!

It works!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 08, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I've been giving this product to my 91 year old father for a year or so...he takes 2 a day; and he doesn't complain about arthritis in his hands and hips anymore!

To much sodium in this product.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 05, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Starting taking this but I found I was so very thirsty especially when I woke up. some nights had to get up through the night to drink water. Then read the label and saw it has sodium in it quite a high amount. As I don't won't high blood pressure I stopped taking this product and will look for a simple product that has less sodium or no sodium.

chest pains!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 30, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I am really sad that I have to give this product a single star! I had such high hopes after reading all the positive reviews, and I have had such good experiences with other Now! products. But this product caused sharp chest pains - I can't tell if the pain is my rib cartilage, or lungs, or other soft tissue, but it starts about an hour after I take one of these capsules and disappears within 24 hours of when I stop taking them. If I take it as directed (3 per day with meals), the pain is too much for me to handle. I have to return this. Thankfully, iHerb has a low hassle return policy.