Happier Days!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

After much research, I discovered that a combination of 5-HTP and Inositol creates an anti-anxiety effect, similar to that of Prozac (but of course without all of the nasty drug side effects anti-depressants cause). I am the mother of two children under four, and I take one of each in the morning and I find that I am less easily stressed, respond in a much calmer manner and am generally a less anxious person as a result.

Helps with Sleep

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 12, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I began taking extra Inositol after reading The Edge Effect by Dr. Braverman. After taking the inventory, I read the chapters and recommendations for my primary neurotransmitter type and my symptoms which included not sleeping well through the night. So I added Inositol and 5-HTP to the melatonin that I was already taking. I am not one to take prescription sleep aids and these natural products really help.

SAVED MY LIFE

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 27, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I was having panic attacks-couldn't rest, couldn't sleep, fear of dying-horrible. The doctor wanted to put me on Zoloft-which I did not want to do. Started taking the Inositol which has been a Godsend! Checked with my doctor, who said it wouldn't interfere with my blood pressure meds. I take 4-5 daily and Goodbye panic-hello normal life!! Thank you-Thank you-Thank you.

Excellent Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 27, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I use Inositol to keep me calm throughout the day. It is an excellent tranquilizer.

strong

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 04, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is one of the best products I've ever bought for depression and anxiety and CFS, which is connected to these two. I've never been calmer, more centered and more optimistic. Strongly recommend it, tough the dosage is different for everybody, as I've noticed that too much of it sometimes gives me insomnia.

Hair grows

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 07, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I take 3 caps a day (most days) my hair was thinning up top. now it;s coming back. I use minoxidill too, but it works 100% better with inositol.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 06, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This works so far! I notice a difference. I used to have many anxiety attacks throughout the day, but since I started this in combination with B-vitamins and magnesium I have been much better. Might be the placebo effect, but hey as long as it works and I can stay away from the bad pills with nasty side effects...:) Im very happy! Start with one a day for a week, then two a day for a week, then three and so on until you find the right dosage for you. Let your body get used to it. Might give you some light headaches and a little stomach problems the first few days, but it is worth it.

Use as sleep aid

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 13, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I take 500 mg of Inositol and .25 mg of Melatonin and get the best sleep I've gotten in years. I like NOW products; good quality and prices.

Inositol 500mg Capsules

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 03, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I recently ordered Inositol. It was recommended for my 6yr old son by Pfeiffer Treatment Center. It helps with calming on days that may be stressful for him. I was instructed by the RN that he could have 3 capsules 3 times a day as needed for calming. We love it and will be purchasing again from iHerb

Ok if not for the Insomnia

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 16, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This would be great if it didn't cause insomnia. I feel so much more relaxed when I take it, but then I keep waking up in the middle of the night :/