Amazing supplement

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 22 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking this for about two months. I have Post-Polio syndrome and arthritis. My pain is gone. My muscles are stronger. I feel steadier, surefooted. It's truly amazing. I'm almost afraid to say how much better I feel for fear of breaking the spell this L-Carnosine has cast on my being. I am very grateful to have found it. I take two 500 mg a day.

Good Carnosine Product With Good Price

Posted by TrueShoppingAdvice on December 9 2015 | Verified Purchase

These capsules are very easy to swallow. Carnosine's effectiveness doesn't build gradually. If you don't take enough of it during the day, it simply has no effect. The reason is that carnosine is readily degraded by the enzyme carnosinase in the human body. You need to take enough to overwhelm the carnosinase so that "undegraded" carnosine can make its way to the cells of your body. The amount varies according to age and diet, but in general, for people in their mid-thirties and higher, you're looking at 1000-1500 mg a day. If you're younger, healthy, and include lots of meat in your diet, 500 mg a day is probably enough. Carnosine, when used properly, is one of the most effective and fast acting natural anti-aging options available -- and that's being confirmed and validated in study after study. Carnosine has the remarkable ability to throttle down bodily processes that are in a state of excess, and to ramp up those that are under expressed. For example, carnosine thins the blood of people whose blood tends to clot too much and increases the clotting tendency in those with a low clotting index. Carnosine is good for muscles and good for brain too. Yoy may want to use DMAE and Acetyl-l-carnitine to help remove the lipofuscin produced in the body as a side effect of carnosine's protective action. I hope you find this review helpful. Please, also visit my page for more reviews, especially for new customers to iHerb. Enjoy your iHerb journey!

Increases brain power

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 13 2008 | Verified Purchase

I am a vegan and when not taking L-Carnosine find it hard to concentrate and generally weaker. L-Carnosine helps me to improve the quality of my life, especially mentally at work. I also noticed that I have a faster mental response when taking L-Carnosine. VERY VERY HAPPY WITH THIS PRODUCT. NOW FOODS ARE GREAT

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 1 2008 | Verified Purchase

This supplement was very helpful to me with the detoxing of bromides and fluorides. Dark circle under my eyes are near gone in two weeks.

better than beta alanine

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 27 2010 | Verified Purchase

This supplement has helped me to maintain muscle weight, which is hard for me. It also helps me with mental balance and works as a general mental tonic. I find the pure carnosine more useful than using beta-alanine to raise carnosine levels, because beta-alanine has its own effects and makes me feel spaced out/ throws my sleep off.

Good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 29 2008 | Verified Purchase

Good especially for elimanating or minimizing age spots.

Rocking good time!

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 13 2011 | Verified Purchase

We take this to fight glycation and it works! Our A1c values have all improved with this supplement. iHerb delivers again!

This is a really

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 17 2008 | Verified Purchase

a great thing to help with brain dysfunction or just to keep the brain's neurons optimized. We got good results from a nephew (9 yr old) with autism. This and lipoic acid, DHA, helped significantly in just a couple days and improvement continues. The wife and I decided we should take it too to help keep Alzheimer's at bay.

WOW! Fast Working!

Posted by Tracey on December 2 2011 | Verified Purchase

WOW! WOW! WOW! FAST WORKIG! In 10 days I had mental clarity, alertness, and more energy. Probably not used long enough to reduce age spots (will update). 2 pills in conjunction with 3 tabs of L-Arginine is doing the trick. Before, I needed a nap during the day and was sluggish all day. The VERY 1st dose of this combination immediately got rid of chest pain after exercise (out of shape)! I hear it is also good for diabetics (told a family member about this) as it will stop the damaging effects of Advanced Glycation End Products (AGEs).

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 4 2006 | Verified Purchase

combined 2 carnosine 500mg, 2 DMG 125, and 2 benfotiamine 80mg with a cup of green tea 2x daily and drove 600 miles straight through. my mind was on like a computer