NOW's L-Cysteine: No info on its source. Is it from human hair?

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I bought this as an alternative to NAC for liver detox and support, because it is good to pause or alternate ALL supplements. Now I discovered on Dr. Mercola & Wikipedia that 80% of it is made from hair swept up in chinese barbers. Then from duck feathers and hog hair. It can also be made from fermentation, but is 3X as expensive. Some sites also say it is a brain excitent which eventually burns out the brain if taken in high doses. On NOW's site, they offer no info on their source, but offer the absolute cheapest L-Cysteine. Anyone know of a non- hair source? I give it 3 stars until I know more. Also of concern is the general lack of details re ingredients on their labels. For instance: There are over 4 kinds of vitamin K-4. Menaquinone 4, 7,8 and 11. Only the Menaquinone 7 is of true value for humans. The others are inexpensive or synthetic forms of no true value. Now Foods has a large number of vitamin supplements that avoid telling us exactly what we are getting. And I am getting more suspicious of this company for this evasive strategy. Millie from Canuckland

good

Posted by Anaterma on Nov 04, 2013 | Verified Purchase

seems to work on skin. but i REALLY wish american producers would stop putting over 900% of B vitamins or any other vitamins into any supplements, it gets really annoying, i don't need that amount at all, and other supplements that i take also has it and also i have a perfect diet already, thank you very much. it's just stupid, even considering it's water soluble.

Not sure yet

Posted by saraik on Oct 22, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This could be more stars but being that I've been only using for a month im not sure if it's made a difference in hair growth. My nails however are much stronger so im sure it's working. Not too hard to swallow but if taking for hair growth be sure to take 50-100mg of Vitamin C along with it. One thing that threw me off is the inside of the bottle smelt a little like sulfur... or something. The pills don't taste or really smell funny though and im guessing that's natural.

I'm waitting for now..

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 15, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I heard that this product is good for skin... whitening.. so I take this twice-three times a day. not too difficult to swallow, and almost oder-less. but for 3weeks... I don't have any special difference. so I'm waitting the result.

good!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 25, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have been drinking them for 3 weeks now, and I have noticed my hair doesnt fall as much as it used to and my nails are growing a bit faster.

L-Cysteine

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 08, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Haven't used this for long enough to see any vast difference, but other Now products are excellent.

L-Cysteine 500mg : Now vs Solgar vs Bluebonnet

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

☆ 기미와 모발건강을 위해 지금까지 나우, 솔가, 블루보넷의 엘시스테인을 복용해보았습니다. 나우제품은 집중적으로 기미에 작용하거나 하지는 않지만, 얼굴전체가 환해지는 느낌이었습니다. 솔가제품은 모발에 좋은 듯해요. 머리카락 빠짐현상이 현저히 줄었고, 모발이 튼튼해지는 느낌. 그렇지만, 나우와 솔가 이 두제품은 복용시 물을 많이 마셔야지, 안그러면 식도와 위가 타는 듯 하더라구요. 현재는 블루보넷 제품을 복용중인데 그냥 무난해요. 극적인 효과는 없는데, 천천히 개선되는 느낌. 세제품중에 위(胃)가 가장 편해요. ★ シミ改善と髪のため、今まで Now、Solgar そして BluebonnetのLシステインを飲んでみました。Now製品は、シミだけに効くというより、顔全体の印象が明るくなったような気がします。Solgaは毛髪に良い感じで、飲んでいる間には抜け毛も減って、髪のコシも強くなりました。しかし、NowとSolgar、これら二つの製品は、多量の水と一緒に飲まないと、喉と胃が焼けるように痛くなります。現在は、Bluebonnet製品を飲んでいますが、無難です。劇的な効果は感じられませんが、ゆっくりと改善されている感じです。三つの製品中、一番胃にやさしいです。

Ok

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 16, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I am eating from 20 days but really doesnt feel any diffrence so far

good!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 02, 2010 | Verified Purchase

it cheap! i believe it works

s

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 12, 2009 | Verified Purchase

it really helps clear and white healthy skin

1 2 3