What a great product!!!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 31 2012 | Verified Purchase

I come back for this again and again. No sleep medication continues to work for me without this. I have Bipolar Disorder and so does my daughter. We take it with the approval of our psychiatrist. My Bipolar is under excellent control with medications, and I take no antipsycotics, however my daughter does not respond to any combination of medications legally available in The U.S. today. She has to have ECT (shock treatments). Through different hospitalizations and med changes attempted by several psychiatrists over 11 years no other treatments have helped. Nothing else helps her to sleep without so many side effects besides L-Tryptophan without extremely negative effects on her several other health problems. As anyone with Bipolar should be aware of, losing too much sleep can trigger Manic episodes, so we are very grateful for this aid to our daughter. She has lived with us for the 3 years that she has been totally unable to work and after her savings had run out (she was a nurse). Social Security denied her disabilty twice since she lost her last job 5 years ago. Since then we have been supporting her while awaiting a hearing for her disability. We cannot afford ECT and she is above the age when we can carry her on our medical insurance. Just basic medical expenses per month for her to get by until the hearing are $500-$650. Our son is disabled too, (he does get SSDI) and both my husband and I have a considerable number of medical problems as well. Our younger daughter was kind enough to move back home, giving up her own apartment to help us financially so we didn't lose our home to foreclosure. In spite of all the difficulties my son and eldest daughter have, they make very effort to do what they can around with the upkeep of the household. Unfortuately as time has passed my daughter has become less and less able to function. When she gets better sleep, she is at least able to be somewhat less irritable, which helps us all, otherwise she is nearly unbearable to be around, flying off the handle then crying because she feels so bad that she usually did it without reason, but wasn't able to stop beforehand. Under the right conditions L-Tryptophan can make a significant improvement in a person's quality of life. It is also much safer and less expensive than perscription or OTC drugs which can have side effects. For example most OTC sleep aids are antihistamines and they can trigger restless leg syndrome in some people, and sleepiness is actually just a side effect that can wear off when used long term. We tried melatonin, but got limited benefit and according to the research that my daughter and I have done, the body uses L-Typtophan to produce and use both seritonin and melitonin I will continue to use it unless something changes significantly with my health and it becomes contraindicated.

I feel sleepy the next morning. . .

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 20 2013 | Verified Purchase

I think this works well. You really have to give you body at least 8 hours of rest to avoid feeling groggy the next day. Other than that, I feel more relaxed in general, so it must be working...

Foolproof way to sleep!

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 5 2010 | Verified Purchase

Thank you for making this project available. After taking, I fall asleep very quickly, and I awaken feeling well rested and clearheaded.

This product helps to fight depression.

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 28 2017 | Verified Purchase

I have been using this supplement for more than a year and I feel better and more in control. I recommend it for slight depression. When I take one about one hour before getting to bed and it helps me to sleep.

Now foods L-Tryptophan

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 15 2011 | Verified Purchase

I believe this is working as advertised. It is a little soon to tell as I've only been on it a week, certainly I am falling asleep easier, I still wake during the night but given I've had terrible insomnia for over 12years (even strong sleeping tablets don't work for me) this is a positive and promising start.

Happy With Purchase

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 16 2017 | Verified Purchase

I bought this product to help me with sleep. It is working very well and has improved my general daily mood too! Very happy!

more for mood than sleep

Posted by burdypie on September 28 2014 | Verified Purchase

I take this at night to help my mood the next day.This combined with high dose rhodiola, B6, B2 (must take these B's together in the same dose) and multi 100 B's all from NOW keep me off prescription anti-depressants, plus vege's to keep the seratonin powerhouse, the stomach, from acidity. I do sleep better as well.

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 1 2009 | Verified Purchase

One of the best sleep aids.

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 13 2015 | Verified Purchase

I've been using this product for about two weeks now, but I've decided to return to the Bluebonnet capsules. This L-Tryptophan has an artificial feel to it (and it's sharply obvious the first few times taking it). Also it takes a much larger dose than the Bluebonnet one to feel it working well.

Great! it really helps with my symptoms.

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 5 2018 | Verified Purchase

This product works great for me, which I'll detail below. I've tried a peptide version by another brand, which did not appear to work in anyway. It took me quite a while to work out that certain activities were leaving me extra tired and unhappy the next day. However once I did notice, I started to suspect I was Serotonin deficient. Taking one tablet twice a day has helped greatly and I am no longer having those symptoms when performing those activities, plus it helped with one other symptom I hadn't linked; hunger. I was constantly hungry no matter how much I ate, now after a sufficient meal I feel satisfied. Also, I have severe digestion sensitivities (IBS / rashes / tiredness) - this product didn't trigger any of those.

1 2 3 4