Posted by iHerb Customer on January 9 2017 | Verified Purchase

I had spent MONTHS almost without sleep because coming off medicines. I had bought many forms of magnesium and spent a lot of money on all kinds of stuff that were supposed to help with sleep. Finally I found this formula. My sleep became normal instantly and now 8 weeks since starting this my sleep is now normal . This has been a TOTAL LIFESAVER. I wake up refreshed. I thank god and would like others to know.

Good value for money, uses TRAACS, no fillers

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 30 2016 | Verified Purchase

This is a really good product from Now Foods. I fill empty gelatine capsules with approx 300mg of Magnesium Bisgylcinate powder, take one a day before bed. This makes it more economical than buying pre-capped products and I like the fact it has no fillers. It has really helped with my sleeping and calming my anxiety. Magnesium glycinate is magnesium attached to a glycine molecule. The combination of the two is not only calming but is a very good form for absorption. Magnesium helps lower cortisol the stress hormone which can cause anxiety and can increase storage of fat around the middle of the body. This product is made using the Albion TRAACS system which is a patented technology which ensures excellent chelates of minerals with amino acids, (in this case magnesium with glycine). This product also has no fillers and the only other added ingredient is Citric Acid (presumably to improve stomach acid for breakdown of the product). Highly recommended.

Now Foods, Magnesium Bisglycinate Powder, 8 oz (227 g)

Posted by noneofyourfrigginbusiness on December 5 2014 | Verified Purchase

This form of magnesium is gentler on the stomach than the citrate form.

Very good.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 5 2016 | Verified Purchase

Gives me a restful sleep and calms my sore muscles. If you can tolerate or mask the bad taste get this and you will not regret it.

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 16 2016 | Verified Purchase

works better for me to relax the muscles than magnesiumcitrate. taste is awful, I now fill two of the largest capsules ( from now) that is about the same amount as a teaspoon. take them with a cup of herbal brew. It's not easy to fill the capsules, the powder is a bit sticky, but still this is a very good product

Easy to use, great value.

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 3 2016 | Verified Purchase

I have reordered this a couple of times now. It's great value and easy to mix up/dissolve. It has a strange taste. My partner likes the taste but I just find it weird. We have it before bedtime.

Works well, bad taste

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 25 2015 | Verified Purchase

It took me a couple of weeks to really get used to the taste, I thought it tasted like a mix between feces and vomit. However, it works great, at least as well as other similar products (I used some Mg. glycinate in capsule form before, form other brand). No obvious stomach discomfort, even as I take it a few hours after my last daily meal, but one might want to eat some small thing along with it if one does notice some discomfort. I take this a couple of hours before bed, together with a recent addition of extra l-lysine and glycine powder (rather calming amino acids, that also are rather sweet so they do cover up some taste), in a small amount of water, stir and swallow quickly. About 3-5 grams of this powder on its own produces a noticeable sedation for me. It does dissolve rather well, but sometimes some turns into sticky strands.

Horrible Taste

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 11 2016 | Verified Purchase

I really do not stand the taste of if. I changed to Dr. Best brand and the taste is more agreeable with me.

Magnesium Bisglycinate

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 4 2016 | Verified Purchase

A very good product .good on the stomach.taken with water only YUK! Has to be mixed with a cordial or a juice to smother the really bad taste. I am put off somewhat when mixed with vegetable juice or cordial at the major colour change of the drink. still looking for a good mixture that doesnt change colour and has a good or fair taste.

The taste is intolerable on its own

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 6 2016 | Verified Purchase

The flavor is a combination of sickly sweet and rotten fish taste - seriously, one of the worst tastes I have ever experienced. Other reviewers have stated that this supplement tastes bad, but they didn't describe the taste, and they also mentioned that it was tolerable with fruit juice. I can't drink fruit juice or sugary/flavored drinks due to various intolerances, so I can only take supplements with water. I will not be able to use this product as intended. I don't know if the product is an effective supplement since I wasn't able to tolerate the taste to find out. NOW is a good brand, though, and I don't doubt that the product is high quality and otherwise works as indicated if you can somehow tolerate the taste.

1 2 3