Helps with chest congestion, clears lungs, very important antioxidant supplement

Posted by reflexheather on Oct 19, 2012 | Verified Purchase

One of the most important supplements to take, it is an excellent antioxidant, works best taken alongside Vitamin C and Alpha Lipoic Acid. Defintely helps to break up mucus and may help with allergies. Seems to help with snoring also. Helps people giving up smoking clear lungs. I have worked for two of Dublin’s top health stores for 10 years and am now a holistic practitioner. I hope you found this review helpful.

Great antioxidant!

Posted by TrueReviews on May 28, 2013 | Verified Purchase

NAC is a great antioxidant, I use it now that I am pregnant. It helps me a lot with my stuffed nose, due to pregnancy. Also, it is a precursor to glutathione, which is the best antioxidant found in the body. The placenta itself has a considerable concentration of glutathione. So, it's a win win for me. Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

Critical precursor

Posted by TinVal on Aug 20, 2012 | Verified Purchase

100 capsules bottle is perfect if you live in warm or wet countries. I found the hard way out that NAC especially NOW brand is highly susceptible to spoiling due to these weather conditions!!! - - - - - - - - - - - However, this NAC improves my mental awareness. Makes me more energetic when I take it with glutamine and glycine - all precursors of Glutathione, undoubtedly the most important and best antioxidant of all the antioxidants.

NAC for Leaky gut, Candida and Liver support

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 06, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I use NAC to help fight Candida and to support my liver. NAC gives me more energy. I use it together with glutamine (2000 mg a day) to help cure a leaky gut, together with Molybdenum (to get rid of brain fog), Zinc Picolinate and applecider vinegar (to kill the candida). Be aware of the fact that this product contains Selenium, in a rather high dose, so if you already use a multi vitamin with selenium and you eat healthy you can probably get an overdose of selenium which results in hairloss! I saw this comment on this product and finally I understood why my hair keeps falling out. I stopped immedately with Now Foods NAC and now I am using another brand without selenium. The NAC though works good/the same and helps me a lot. so therefor 4 stars instead of 5, since Now is a good brand just with the extra selenium it is too much for me.

In my Top 5 most important supplements

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

For allergies, anti-oxidant, liver detox, eye and vision health, gluthatione precursor etc etc. One of the 5 supplements I would take with me to a deserted island. And NOW offers great value for money. Remember to take with Vit C and Alpha-Lipoic-Acid for enhanced benefits.

Good NAC supplement.

Posted by BeHealthyBeHappy on Mar 10, 2015 | Verified Purchase

As Life Extension note, "NAC replenishes intracellular levels of the natural antioxidant glutathione (GSH), helping to restore cells’ ability to fight damage from reactive oxygen species (ROS)." (Sorry, I can't give an external link). Moreover, a higher dose may be needed, especially with autoimmune diseases. I've seen an improvement when taking this supplement two times a day. Please, research before taking higher doses. NAC may be harmful if taken for an extended period of time.

Protects the liver

Posted by psoriasis on Jan 24, 2014 | Verified Purchase

NAC is proved in many studies to help relieve many illnesses. However keep in mind that you can also experience the various detoxification symptoms when taking this powerful supplement.

good stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 29, 2015 | Verified Purchase

i have PCOS and suffer from obesity and insulin resistance due to it. I had been severely fatigued after very intense exercise 4-6 days a week, and was still plateauing on the scale. I had started taking inositol, and immediately lost 7 lbs, but then plateued for 6 months. As soon as I added NAC to my regimen, i started to lose again, and felt like i was recovering from my workouts much better, and wasnt so constantly fatigued.

very good

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 10, 2012 | Verified Purchase

fantastic product. cleared my sinuses in 2-3 days. glad i bought 2 of these

Great health value

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 03, 2012 | Verified Purchase

It feels very healthy after one cap, also the clarity of the mind on this supplement is great