My favorite source of "B" vitamins

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 20 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have a canister of brewers yeast that I paid a lot less for. My cat and dog get that stuff sprinkled on their food. When I open this container the cat nearly knocks me down rubbing on my legs trying to convince me that she needs this too! I put a teaspoon of the cheap stuff and a teaspoon of this "NOW" brand on a plate. She sniffed both and proceeded to chase the paper plate around the kitchen licking every atom up before she would even look at or tasted the cheaper stuff! She and I agree; This is the best!

The name says it - very Nutritional and Great for Skin Problems!

Posted by dilian01 on October 2 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have had a skin problem for years, and then I read that this is often caused to insufficient vitamin B. Then I found out that this product is one of the best natural sources of Vitamin B, that is very easily and completely absorbed and utilized by your body.I mainly sprinkle it on salads or put it on pasta or some meals, and it does add a sort of cheesy/nutty flavor. I have REALLY noticed a lot of improvement in my skin condition and recovery from scratches or redness. Can help scalp issues like dandruff or seborrhea dermatitis. Highly recommended for smooth well-balanced skin complexion!

Good yeast flakes

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 5 2009 | Verified Purchase

These yeast flakes are actually manufactured by Red Star. They seem fine.

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 1 2008 | Verified Purchase

I add these nutritional yeast flakes to my dog's homemade food acording to the alternative veterinarian, Dr. Pitcairn's recipe. Good value for the price.

great for B vitamins!

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 24 2008 | Verified Purchase

I don't use this myself, but I do feed it to my dogs to supplement B vitamins. I had been using brewers yeast for many years, but this is a much better product, and my dogs love the taste. since I have been using this their coats are much softer and they seem to be in better health overall.

Posted by danielledonohue on June 19 2012 | Verified Purchase

My kids love this stuff!!! Every time I make spaghetti I use this instead of cheese, and they always want more and more! I love how healthy it is and how full of protein and B vitamins it is. Wish it was organic, but like how it is non-gmo.

Great for Popcorn

Posted by SusenW on January 5 2008 | Verified Purchase

We sprinkle this over popcorn. It gives it extra flavor and makes it really delicious!

Posted by HealthyGuy on October 28 2008 | Verified Purchase

I love these so much, I eat them out of the container with a spoon. I also sprinkle it over my raw soups and mix it with my dog's food. Great source of B vitamins.

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 28 2015 | Verified Purchase

The best out there- I can make parmesan anytime- mixing this, walnuts, cashews or sunflower-seeds, salt and garlic. done.

Liked it

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 20 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is the first time I tried nutritional yeast, so I generally have nothing to compare it with. The taste of this stuff is great, I love to sprinkle it on salads - just a tiny sprinkle gives such a difference. I bought it mostly for the B 12 and other vitamins. I didn't notice any obvious health benefits yet, but probably I'll have something to say after I take a bloodtest) BTW, shipping to Russia, Moscow was okay, took about 2,5 weeks and some disputes at russian post office, as usual... :)