Good yeast flakes

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 05, 2009 | Verified Purchase

These yeast flakes are actually manufactured by Red Star. They seem fine.

Great

Posted by danielledonohue on Jun 19, 2012 | Verified Purchase

My kids love this stuff!!! Every time I make spaghetti I use this instead of cheese, and they always want more and more! I love how healthy it is and how full of protein and B vitamins it is. Wish it was organic, but like how it is non-gmo.

Easy & natural way to absorb your b-complex

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 11, 2010 | Verified Purchase

These nutritional yeast are a good & natural way to get your b=complex & is easy to absorb. You also will be getting 9 grams of protein. I like that it has the natural niacin flush that helps to flush radiation out of your body. The flush usually lessens the more you take the yeast flakes.

Yeast without a "yeasty" aroma

Posted by Howard on Oct 14, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I purchased the Now Foods Nutritional Yeast Flakes, as an alternative, because the brand I usually like and prefer, was temporarily unavailable at the iHerb site. The Now Foods is a bit pricey for the meager 10 oz quantity in a giant container. Nevertheless, it has a pleasant non-yeasty aroma, at least how pleasant brewer's yeast can be, and the flaky texture is also agreeable, vs others that are powdery. If you don't mind splurging somewhat on the price, I think it is a good choice of brewer's yeast. I gave it 4 stars, as it is a bit expensive for the quantity.

Great product :)

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 01, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I like it very much, I use it specially with warm meals cuz then it dissolves better and it gives the food a "cheese" taste... but I wouldn't use it too much with raw stuff like juices or smoothies, because the taste is kinda strong then. But it's a really good source of B vitamins :D I really like this product!

Taste pretty good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 02, 2008 | Verified Purchase

The taste is pretty good when taking directly. My 5-year-old loves it. Just sticky when melted in the mouth and the powder will be blown out with breath if not careful.

Not as good as some other brands, but still tasty

Posted by Umbridge on May 16, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I prefer Red Star and KAL brands to this as they seem to have a stronger flavour. This is still good though, and a great option for those who think nutritional yeast can sometimes be overpowering. I personally love the taste and would prefer a stronger flavour!

Tastes good.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 16, 2016 | Verified Purchase

The taste is quite nice, very savoury. Flakes are larger than I would like but I just crumble it up a bit. Good value for money.

Good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 28, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I first tried to add the flakes to salad, it was ok, but I would do without. But then I added them to steamed veggies and the taste was super good. Especially with cauliflower - devine !!!

Good product.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 21, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Nice taste and good price. I have not tried any other kind of nutritional yeast, so I can't compare it to anything. After reading the reviews of a few different ones I chose this kind and I do not regret it.