Delicious natural sweetener

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 26, 2007 | Verified Purchase

This is a really fantastic price for bulk stevia. I have never found it cheaper than $100 per pound anywhere else. A pound lasts me for 12-18 months because it is 200 times sweeter than table sugar so, for example, I only need 1/8 teaspoon to sweeten a cup of tea. I carry NOW's small shaker bottle of stevia with me (also sold by iHerb) everywhere and use it in restaurants to sweeten my coffee and tea. To me, stevia tastes much better in hot and cold drinks than artificial sweetener, and has no bad chemicals. It is especially delicious in lemonade with fresh lemons. You can also make your own natural soda by adding lemon, lime, cherry, or concentrated orange juice to seltzer water and sweetening with stevia--yum! I also use stevia in baking, substituting it for sugar. Because stevia is so much sweeter than sugar, supposedly 1/8 tsp. is the same sweetness as 1/2 C of sugar. In my recipes, though, I substitute at a rate of 1/2 tsp. of stevia per 1/2 C of sugar to get a level of sweetness I prefer. I think stevia performs at its peak in drinks and smoothies--in fact, in all fruit dishes it is wonderful. For baking, I tend to use not just stevia, but a combination of sugar substitutes, such as Sucanat, which NOW also sells, FOS, and Lo Han Guo. My kids have sometimes complained that stevia has an aftertaste in baked goods--but only if I confess I used it. When I don't tell them I used it, they can't tell that I didn't use regular sugar by the taste, especially if I combine it with Sucanat. I've also had friends of my kids, who are junk-food addicts, rave over my cookies.

not disclosed

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 29, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Nowhere on this site did I notice that this product was manufactured in China. Looked on the link "visit the manufacturer", it's not there either and yet clearly printed on the purchased container "product of China". I choose not to buy products manufactured for consumption from China. I would have liked to have seen this before I ordered.

NOW is the BEST Stevia, period!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 30, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I have been using natural foods for 30+ years, even owned a health food store in the past. Have tried many brands of stevia, and found NOW to the best. Best taste, best sweetening, disolves readily, and no complaints from any "junk food junkies" who drink tea sweetened with it. I used 3/4 of a teaspoon in a gallon of tea, and everyone is happy so far. I haven't baked with it, just used in drinks and smoothies, but plan to try some other recipes. Very glad to have purchased the pound container, great bargain, and will ensure that we don't run out of Stevia any time soon.

Great Value, Sweet taste..

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 13, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have used Stevia for years. I have tried several other brands of Stevia but I have found the NOW Stevia to be the purest and easiet to dissolve. I was so glad to find I could buy Stevia in bulk.

Yum!.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 23, 2007 | Verified Purchase

'Tastes great in my coffee.

Stevia Extract

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 19, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Great product, fast delivery, great prices! Karen

purchaser

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 09, 2007 | Verified Purchase

NOW stevia is not as sweet as some other brands, but has no off flavor

Stevia Extract Powder

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 13, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Excellent product!! MUCH better than the competition!! Don't settle for less than the best, and this IS the BEST. Nothing but pure stevia powder!

Excellent price for quality product.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 28, 2007 | Verified Purchase

This is my first purchase of this particular stevia product based on previous customer reviews and one of my favourite manufacturers of health products.

Best Stevia Product Around

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 16, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Taste is excellent. No calories. No sugar. All natural. The perfect sweetener.