Like this product but the last bottle I ordered was not the same

Posted by Reviewer1356338 on Mar 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I really liked this product and have ordered more than once. However, the last time I ordered Peppermint Gels from NOW Foods the gels smelled bad and were a different color than normal. I called Iherb and they were great and sent me a new bottle. Just received new bottle and it is the same deal, smells bad and different color. They don't even smell like peppermint. My guess is that the factory had a bad batch. I am disappointed though because I really liked the product. Helped a lot with gas and stomach issues. I would notice a difference about 30 minutes after taking it. What a bummer!

Good Product!

Posted by Reviewer1694352 on Jan 11, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Enteric coating really effective. Will purchase again

These really help

Posted by Reviewer1358291 on Jul 01, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I get stomach pains after eating quite often. I can't quite figure out why. But if I pop one of these babies before eating (or even after sometimes), I almost never get those stomach cramps. And they smell delightful!

Generally excellent

Posted by Reviewer1391343 on Jun 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

As people who suffer from IBS and IBD we use this product a lot, and enjoy its great effect. However, if not taken properly it might cause heartburn...

Perfect for heartburn !!!!

Posted by Reviewer1038849 on Nov 15, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I used this peppermint gels for 3 month now, it help me a lot with heartburn.

Great for IBS

Posted by Reviewer1052580 on Jan 07, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Great for IBS issues. I take 2 at bedtime along with super enzymes. I have also taken after lunch and in 20-30 mins will taste the peppermint.

Minty Fresh

Posted by Reviewer2439032 on Feb 11, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I am giving this product 3 stars because of several reasons. First, I like the ginger/fennel/peppermint combo for digestion BUT there was so much peppermint in this that it feels weird and "minty" when I pee. I know this is TMI but maybe they can reconsider the formulation. Otherwise... it's good but I couldn't get over that personally.

Experienced Side Effects

Posted by 5590575414480776330 on Feb 18, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This product did not work for me. I have used peppermint for years with great success but with this product I experienced loose bowel movements within a couple hours that included some serious burning sensations (although they did smell like peppermint.) Glad to hear it works for others but for those people trying it for the first time, I suggest trying it at home in case it has the same effect I experienced. And please note I am not knocking the company at all. I use some of their other products with no issues. Just this specific product caused me issues.

deeppurple

Posted by Reviewer2827674 on Aug 25, 2010 | Verified Purchase

have been taking these on/off for a few months for all sorts of stomach related problems and they work a treat

great to settle your tum

Posted by 5403953421949391341 on Feb 22, 2017 | Verified Purchase

If you have problems with digestion these work really well as they are enteric coated so they dont dissolve before they reach the right place.No melting in your mouth or burping up the peppermint oils either