Like this product but the last bottle I ordered was not the same

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I really liked this product and have ordered more than once. However, the last time I ordered Peppermint Gels from NOW Foods the gels smelled bad and were a different color than normal. I called Iherb and they were great and sent me a new bottle. Just received new bottle and it is the same deal, smells bad and different color. They don't even smell like peppermint. My guess is that the factory had a bad batch. I am disappointed though because I really liked the product. Helped a lot with gas and stomach issues. I would notice a difference about 30 minutes after taking it. What a bummer!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 28, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I've tried this on three occasions and it does not seem to work in my case; it made things worse by giving me minty-tasting heartburn and a super noisy stomach. I'm not sure whether the main ingredient is at fault, or it's the ginger and fennel. I'm willing to bet the latter, so beware if you've had reactions to ginger or fennel in the past. Other people who don't would probably benefit more from using this.