Not easy to take small doses - be mindful of vit C effects on hormones

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Sep 23, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Suggest any woman struggling with hormonal issues avoid mega doses of vit C - it's a proven aromatase inhibitor and will therefore cause a decrease in estrogen (though obviously that can be advantageous when estrogen is too high). At higher doses it can cause a decrease in both estrogen and progesterone. I've read that amounts over approx 750mg can start to cause hormonal changes that may not be beneficial. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 07, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I love having vitamin C and magnesium together. My favorite form of non-acidic vitamin C. Powder is more cost effective than capsules/tablets and is a great way to avoid fillers. Taste is ok.

alloriginaleverythingworksnoprescriptions

Posted by alloriginal on Aug 28, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is a convenient and economical way to get your vitamin c while simultaneously increasing your magnesium intake. I use a quarter teaspoon every afternoon in my greens drink. I mixes well and I can really feel a difference when I use it. The taste is a bit sour (it would probably mix nicely with juice for those who find the flavor objectionable). Now Foods is an excellent company, making high-quality products at affordable prices. I believe that nutritional supplements saved my life. I've tried a lot of products, and I know what works and what doesn't. My reviews are honest, straighforward, and based on my experience. Read my other reviews to quickly learn from my three decades of research and experimentation.

Excellent but NOW should use screw on tops.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 25, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Should be used by everyone. Excellent detoxifier. No problem when used by toddler children. Shelf live is somewhat short so use fairly quickly. Short shelf life is a GOOD sign. NOW please DO NOT change this product. I wish that NOW would use screw on tops so I could recylce the bottles for other uses.

Too acidic

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 27, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I purchased this as an alternative to calcium ascorbate, which I add to mineral water and drink. However, the mag ascorbate tasted very acidic and when tested with a ph strip tested highly acid. I had to add coral calcium to the drink. I would not purchase this again.

Misleading title - won't buy again

Posted by pickier-than-thou on Feb 23, 2010 | Verified Purchase

It appears to be a quality product, but it's way too acidic - it upsets my stomach even in much lower doses. I've also noticed some weird reactions with fruit juice (it formed some grey lumps before dissolving). The product name is totally misleading, made me believe I was buying a magnesium supplement improved by vitamin C and not the opposite. They should call it buffered vitamin C or something and write magnesium ascorbate on the back label only, with tiny letters - unless this confusion really helps their sales...

excellent product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 24, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Earlier I used ascorbic acid which was acidic and had caused me intestinal cramps. now this product is really nice and i could even consume large doses without any issue.

magnesium

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 04, 2010 | Verified Purchase

i like this. it's a powder. but i don't mind. ascorbate is a higher absorption/bioactive than say oxides, carbonates or sulfates (i've been told).

Great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 05, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Now you can get your dose of Magnesium with your vitamin C

Great!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 24, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I like the price, and the product has helped me sleep better.

1 2 3 4