Flavor Intensity

Posted by Reviewer2267877 on May 31, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have poor taste buds and I need very strong flavors to really enjoy the chocolate. This cocoa powder came close but I am looking for something with stronger chocolate flavor. To keep calorie count down I have sweetened it with Stevia. On occasion I have made it into a thick paste, sweetened it and made it my chocolate bar substitute.

not great taste

Posted by 5170944209679224975 on Jul 02, 2017 | Verified Purchase

It doesn't dissolve properly and the taste isn't the best, even with milk and sugar. but it's fine to add into coffee or for baking if you need to.

Just like the labels says

Posted by 4667698053480260802 on May 22, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Guess what's in the tub? Organic cacao powder. Tastes just like cocoa powder. I think I'll buy the stuff in a paper bag next time. My house is filling up with plastic packaging.

Decent - great value for the price

Posted by Charybdis on Jan 20, 2014 | Verified Purchase

The flavor of this wasn't as pleasing as the Rapunzel cocoa powder for me. I use it raw in warm milk alternative with a bit of honey or other sweetener, so the flavor is really important. It would probably work better in baked goods.

Cocoa is good

Posted by 5019955010005681717 on Sep 23, 2013 | Verified Purchase

taste is good for a cocoa.

mild flavor

Posted by 4632763579969706683 on Aug 23, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have tried many cocoa powders - ghiradelli, trader joe's , nativa, i found this brand to have the mildest flavor. the price is unbeatable, however.

Not impressive

Posted by dianais on Jul 02, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I didn't like this cocoa as much as I would have liked. It is not dark enough, not tasty enough - I have to put a lot of it to get the cocoa taste that I want. Too bad, since it was a great price.

like any other

Posted by Reviewer2786492 on Mar 12, 2013 | Verified Purchase

same as any cocoa powder, just more expensive because it is "organic".

i never order twice

Posted by Reviewer1304592 on Nov 19, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Becose this is organic i give three stars. This not get mixed to milk or water easily.

Ok

Posted by Rosemary on Aug 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I bought this when I thought this was the same as raw chocolate powder only way cheaper, but I realized it wasnt so i kinda got dissapointed. Though this is good for a hot cocoa beverage. Don´t think i´ll buy it again though.

1 2