not organic

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 22 2008 | Verified Purchase

I hope Now can find a way to encourage organic options. The product is good, but it's questionableto be eating the hull of the rice that must be the most laden with pesticides.

Great product, exactly what I wanted

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 13 2008 | Verified Purchase

This rice bran product comes milled without roasting. The texture is very fine, and is perfect for a form of Japanese pickling called nukazuke. "Nuka" is the Japanese name for rice bran. The aroma, once roasted, is amazingly rich and it roasts to a nice golden caramel color.

Not organic and no info on GMO

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 23 2015 | Verified Purchase

The texture is great and just what I like for fiber. But Now haven't confirmed it's not GMO as they usually do in their product descriptions. It would also be great if Now could source and provide organic rice bran.

B Vitamins

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 20 2013 | Verified Purchase

This was suggested to me by my Chiropractor as a great natural source of B vitamins, so I take a couple of tablespoons every morning - probably one reason I feel so good at age 75.

Great Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 5 2011 | Verified Purchase

I also made sure from the manufacturer that the product is free of any heavy metals. Most things made by Now Foods are great!

nice flour substitute

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 2 2012 | Verified Purchase

This has a very fine texture so it makes a good substitute for wheat flour, I add it to muffins and along with protein powder and extra eggs can make a good substitute for the gluten in wheat flour, rising and holding air bubbles as well as a regular recipe. Also it comes in a newer more attractive bag than shown pictured, which is supposed to be resealable but not very easy to seal so I will repackage it into another container.

Wish this was organic

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 3 2014 | Verified Purchase

I mix this rice bran with milk and scrub my face every night after removing makeup. Sometimes I mix it with milk and some honey and put on my face for Good 10~20 minutes and wash it off. It works great on my combination skin. It makes my skin so smooth and moisturized. Also my blackheads are fading away.

Nice Addition

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 2 2008 | Verified Purchase

I like adding it to cereals, porridges, shakes, etc. It adds a nice, nutty flavor. Most would also appreciate the added fiber, too.

Posted by Damascena on May 18 2013 | Verified Purchase

Purchased this product for the nutritional value and versatility. Rice bran is good for diabetics and controling high blood pressure and cholesterol. Because of its high dietary fiber content, it provides a feeling of satiety, thus curbing hunger, making it a very good addition in the diet of obese people (or people trying to lose weight in general) as well. Rice bran can be added to smoothies as a thickening agent, muffins for appearance, texture and flavor, cakes for appearance, texture and flavor and porridge for that added nutritional boost and flavor. Furthermore, rice bran can also be applied topically to the skin to improve certain skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema. Rice bran can also be used as a spot treatment for acne. Mix a teaspoon of honey with a teaspoon of rice bran and stir till the rice bran blends with the honey and apply to acne spots. Rinse off after 15-20 minutes. Although rice bran is considered to be a 'superfood', Now Food's Rice Bran isn't organic and I don't like the thought of having chemicals and pesticides in my body/on my face. The zip-lock bag that it came in did not work as well.

High Quality.Very Satisfied!...you are welcome to rate & read my other reviews

Posted by PracticalReviews on August 10 2013 | Verified Purchase

i read a review saying this product is low quality,well i'm happy i ignored it because this is a Great product.its actually better than my previous brand i was using and has a better price tag,i will keep on buying it for smoothies and baking needs.only the packaging is horrible,it has zip-lock but the first time i tried to reopen it failed and ruined,put the content in a jar,preferably refrigerated for longer shelf life...