Gritty dirt mixed in with the white chia seeds

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 26, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I ordered this before with no problem, but this time there were little black specs mixed in. I thought it was just black chia seeds, but upon further inspection they are little pieces of dirt. What a waste! I thought it was just me, but saw anther review with the same issue. I gave it two stars instead of one because the last bag did not have this problem but I wouldn't order again and risk getting a bad bag.

chia seeeds

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 01, 2011 | Verified Purchase

s you have to soak them in water for 12-24 hrs to soften they taste better that way chia claims to be high in vitamins with aquired taste unless you combine it with other foods (its bird food).

broke package

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 08, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I recivied broke up package so seeds were everywhere!

Bugs n Dirt

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 11, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I bought a bag of these a couple months ago and they were great! When I ran out, I bought another bag....and didn't even realize until looking through my purchase history that they actually were from the same company. This second bag had tons of stems and pieces of dirt in it. I transferred the seeds to 2 different airtight containers right away....and today found that both were full of tiny tiny bugs crawling through them. None of my other containers have any bugs, so I think the bag must of been contaminated. I had to throw all the remaining seeds out :-( Watch out!