MR.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 28, 2008 | Verified Purchase

DR.WEIL RECOMMENDATION IS ANOTHER SOURCE TO HELP OUR BODY TO KEEP CLEAR OF FREE RADICALS.

good, but, don't take more than 200mcg!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 06, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I really shouldn't have ordered this. 200 mcg is the upper limit of safety for this nutrient, and my multi already has 200 and this has another 200, so I don't need it and shouldn't take it. Oh well. Not that taking larger amounts of Selenium (over 200mcg) for extended periods can lead to Selenosis, which can cause your hair to fall out and your nails to crumble. Be safe! Do your research first!

A good product at a resonable price

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 16, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I use selenium daily to enhance absorption of iodine which I get through diet and multivitamins. I'm post-menopausal, and selenium has helped me to regrow my thinning hair which happened as a result of my sub-funtioning aging thyroid.

As desribed

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 07, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Using for Adrenal Exhaustion together with various other natural products...

Seems Fine

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

My husband takes these for men's health.

Excellent product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 10, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Will buy again - very helpful if you have thyroid issues.

Convenient dosage, good price

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 10, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I take several/day as companion for iodine supplementation. Recommended.

Good and Yeast free!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 21, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Selenium helps with thyroid and yeast problems and helps your immunity.

Made me feel mildly nauseous

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 25, 2010 | Verified Purchase

It took a while to track these down as the culprit--they make me feel a bit ill around 2 hours after I take them. I'm not taking Selenium in any other supplements (e.g. multis). These don't appear to have any other ingredients that would cause a problem so I'll just try a lower dose next time. YMMV.

Great product.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 22, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I had serious Hypothyroid issues. I had thyroid nodules... The Doctors just wanted to Cut my thyroid out of my body.... If you have thyroid issues do not trust the doctor's. They are all about how to make money rather than how to help you. They are allowed to invest in and make money off of medical drugs and treatments. So say an Endo doctor will invest is stuff like thyroid hormones and other thyroid treatments.... Never once did any of my doctors suggest that I take anything like Selenium or Iodine. Long story short I refused to let the doctors do to me what they wanted to. To have your thyroid removed they use radiation several times and kill it that way first than eventually take it out so you can use a thyroid hormone to replace your thyroid. But the dirty secret is that there is nothing at all wrong with the thyroid other parts of the body is not interacting with the thyroid because the thyroid is deficient in nutrients it needs like Iodine and Selenium. There are other nutrients the thyroid needs like zinc. My suggestion to anyone with Thyroid issues is to do their own research and I can tell you it is a lot of work with so many disinformation videos on YouTube that will tell you never take Iodine that you get enough of it in your diet... If you are having an illness or a medical condition their is a 100% chance you are infected because your body need detoxed from all the heavy metals in your body and other toxins and that you have a nutrient imbalance.